Apple Event September 2018

So news coming out of the Apple camp is that these new phones will Not include fast chargers as had been previously reported.

“According to reliable apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo – since backed up by 9to5Mac – the new iPhones will ship with a measly USB-A 5W charger as always.”

This means you would have to purchase a separate charger to experience fast charging, and possibly even the cable required for fast charging.

This is Apple trying to milk the cow even further, how do you feel about this?

Far from shocked, event for new phones with the same marketing strategy :laughing:

Even if Apple make a jump to USB-C fast charging in a year or so (as per my guess here) they would no doubt include the cable in the box but you would have to buy the brick separate…

1 Like

Well no circular watch :grimacing:

(So far anyway)

Now awaiting the stories for false positives re the ECG and such…hopefully the algorithms and such are beta tested better than the MacOS betas :popcorn:

Lol that’s true

Prob a few law suits thrown in aswell

Did find it comical regarding a PDF to print or send to your doctor…no doubt it’s a good feature but I doubt any doctor would just rely on the watches take on your heart…during a physical you would still be wired up to a machine which has been doing the rounds a lot longer…FDA or not…

No new Mac Mini :cry:

Will have to wait until late-October for new Macs and iPad Pros.

Well, the pricing ended up being higher than I thought.

XR from $749
XS from $999
XS Max from $1099

Saddened by the fact that ProMotion and the USB-C fast charger will remain exclusive to iPads. Faster wireless charging was mentioned; wonder if that means 10W or 15W…

This years event made me want to give android another try lol.

I’d almost prefer that they not even bother including a charger/cable if they stick with those 5W things. It’s too bad I had to upgrade from my SE when I did—would have been nice to hold out for these new phones (or at least for the $200 price drop in 8+).

1 Like

Told ya it would be higher, but give it a week on release day and prices will drop like they generally do.
Fast wireless to apple is 7watts, doubt they will do 10 or even 15 because they wanted to push their own standard

Well, the XR appears to still be 7.5, but Apple advertises the Xs and Xs Max as having faster wireless charging than the X, so I would think either 10 or 15, but I guess you’re right, they could pull another Apple on us and go 12.5 or something crazy like that.

Well, for $50 less, you could have gotten the Xr.

Salt in the wound, man. Salt in the wound.

3 Likes

[quote=“bill_rae, post:18, topic:62457, full:true”]
i have a 256gb iPhone x and i haven’t even filled it half way
[/quote]I have a 16GB iPhone 5s (~12GB actual capacity) with 7GB remaining storage.:wink:

What a tight arse…

NO HEADPHONE DONGLE with a £1,000 phone

https://www.androidauthority.com/apple-iphone-dongle-904121/

Apple is always trying to milk the cow

Given that Apple may have scrapped their powermat I’m not sure what they are trying to do now when it comes to wireless standards

2 Likes

So many new phones, I didn’t even watch the event but I heard about the new phones. I will not be upgrading to them anytime soon. Maybe the Apple Watch though. Good thing I get a good discount!

Discount you say :thinking:

:yum::wink: