Anker VS Aukey

Thank you for always trusting us!

1 Like

Iā€™ve had products from both. In general, no major issues from Aukey. I will agree with others, Ankerā€™s products seem to be better quality. Iā€™ve also noticed Ankerā€™s customer service is better, which scores big points in my book.

2 Likes

funny you mention that because my supervisor said the same exact thing.

Though Iā€™ve seen Aukey products before, my sister actually bought some of the USB-C to regular USB converters for her Macbook. The quality looked ok but she told me she had a lot of problems with taking her cord out of there.

I have a few Aukey products. They do the job but the quality of the products arenā€™t as good as Ankerā€™s.

For me personally ā€˜qualityā€™ is more than having no issues.
Especially for power banks efficiency is very important.
It simply means you can get more juice out of it. For me thatā€™s very important.
Itā€™s so important for me that I would pick the efficient power bank over one that lasts longer due to build quality.

I think thatā€™s a difficult question because what you want is also part of quality.
Userfriendlyness is quality too.
As an example I wouldnā€™t even consider a ā€˜qualityā€™ 26000mAh powerbank sold for $5 if it doesnā€™t charge itself with at least 4A.
Likewise a powerbank must be able to charge devices while itā€™s being charged itself. If not, it needs to be redesigned and I wonā€™t spend a single cent on it.

I will admittedly say that I use both Anker and Aukey. Aukey mostly for the wall adaptor and the power cores I find the quality it great and the price more affordable BUT I am leaning more towards Anker for the lighting cords and Bluetooth earbuds and Iā€™m starting to use the wall adaptor if there is one thing I may suggest is to lean up on the wall adaptor. I know the quality it there but can it be made smaller??

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion! We improve the size of wall adaptor!

1 Like

Smaller is good if it doesnā€™t mean something else will be sacrificed.

I think itā€™s impossible to build a 3.0A charger thatā€™s as tiny as a 0.1A charger.
While not claiming I have seen every charger on the planet I have yet to find the tiny and powerful combination.

Most things are a tradeoff. Everyone wants a 26,000mAh powerbank that has the size of 2,600 powerbank.
I just hope Anker also keeps selling chargers for people that want lots of power out of lots of ports.

Of course Anker has the better products and service!!! Never would buy Aukey anymore!! But thatā€™s my opinion!!! Greetings from Mannheim Germany

3 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty subjective, Aukey is a pretty worthy competitor for Anker.

2 Likes

I agree with youā€¦

2 Likes

Even though Aukey is not bad at all, most will agree that Anker products are generally better made and I would definitely go with Anker first in all categories except for wall chargers.
For those of us that need a wall charger with an EU/UK plug instead of the US plug (and donā€™t want to buy those annoying external adaptors), Aukey is the better choice since they have a MUCH wider range of chargers with EU/UK plugs and those chargers are much more available (Amazon, eBay, AliExpress).
Letā€™s say I want the Anker PowerPort Lite 2 Ports 12W with the EU plug (which they do make), itā€™s impossible to find apart from a couple eBay crazies that sell it for 2x/3x the price -_-

Anker still doesnā€™t have 60W USB-C charger? Iā€™d like one device that can charge my laptop, phone and one other device.

leaving on 2 month trip later this month, would like to have that.

a small wall charger would be best.

1 Like

There is one in the works, but havenā€™t heard anything since it was shown off and an expo.

Imo, Anker is still top dog in this segment BUT the gap is closing. Aukey, Ravpower, and Taotronics are just a few companies Iā€™ve tried and been surprised with the quality.

IMO Anker has this last year crossed into a 2nd rate innovator in charging tech, the release speed of PD is glacial, the pushing of IQ2 into more products is glacial, e.g. no new Powerport4.

Iā€™m seeing a focus on audio and home automation products.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen their products and from what Iā€™ve read about them and heard from people I know who have their products. I would trust Anker products over Aukey.

I donā€™t think this would be a good to discuss this because of bias. Look at the stats of the products and get the most optimal one and whichever you like.

1 Like