Anker Soundcore Liberty Air after 3 weeks of usage

His problem does make sense though? Because unless Anker has a system in place where the Air’s know to stay off in the case, once they don’t receive a charge they’d turn on automatically, just like how it works when you pull it out of the case normally.

Why don’t you try to reproduce? It’s pretty easy to be honest. And so many users have experienced it that I am 100% sure it’s not a faulty battery. It’s just they forgot that use case when they designed them.

I’m trying to… my case is not discharged yet.

Sorry for the confusion but I don’t have Air. I was talking about my earbuds where Anker happily replaced my unit. Either way, my point was to contact support for replacement since it doesn’t seem there is a repair for this problem

What we are all trying to say is that a replacement will not solve the issue, since it’s by design.

2 Likes

Ok my case has been completely out of battery now, and the buds have about half the juice left, and I can confirm that when I put the buds into the case, the buds disconnected to my phone (have been connected at first). I took them out and the buds connected to my phone immediately. So your unit must be defected.

2 Likes

That is awesome. You really confirmed my doubt.
When the battery of case is discharged it doesn’t mean there is 0 juice left. It still acts as a load for the earbuds and should keep them from automatically turning on.
The item in question is definitely faulty. Get support involved…

1 Like

A li ion battery when considered empty still has 2.5-3 V of potential difference which is enough to act as a load to connected device.

fun fact, in the last session of case discharging before the buds, the buds were off and they kept the last juice in them until i turned them back on, makes me wonder if the lid opens in my pocket in a weird scenario and starts this thing.