Anker Soundcore Liberty Air after 3 weeks of usage

When the charging case fully discharges then this scenario will come into play. That means the buds should turn off automatically. If it is not doing that, then there is some defect in the item. It may be an isolated event, I don’t know. Did anyone hear back from Anker?

they turn on, since their charging is off, because the case has no juice left in it and they will connect to the paired device(s), why is it so hard to understand?

I guess you have a faulty pair, Check with Anker support regarding this issue.

That’s what I’m waiting for, (and many others as I see).

I think you have not understood at all the issue here.

The scenario we are all talking about is that when the case fully discharges, the buds will turn on automatically, they pair to the last known device if within reach (i.e. your phone) and will stay connected until they run out of battery.

The scenario that you are mentioning is the case where the case fully discharges, the buds turn on automatically, then they cannot pair with any devices because your last paired device is not within reach, and ONLY THEN they will turn off automatically after a minute or so of not being connected.

The issue at hand here is that if the case fully discharges while at home or at the office the buds will pair to the last paired device which, by 95% probability will be within reach because you were using them with your phone or laptop.

I hope this better clarifies the issue and why you are not talking about the use case at hand.

I do understand the issue. The main question is why the buds turn on when the case is discharged. I’m going to try to replicate this issue by fully discharging my case.
Logically even when the case is fully discharged it should in theory still act as a load to the buds (even if they are not charging) and thus keep them from turning on.
Give me some time, I’ll get back with more info after I see this issue.

Well, I reproduce the issue every week because I always forget to charge the case.

It’s kind of an alarm to me now. If I’m at home and my phone doesn’t produce any sound, I check the status bar and I see headphones randomly connected to it… I then know that my Liberty Air’s case needs a charge :joy::joy::joy:

if your unit is faulty then sure you will see this everytime.

Why don’t you email support and get them replaced? When I had a faulty battery on my earbuds, I emailed Anker support and they replaced the earbuds within a week

I don’t think its a faulty battery causing his problem, just the fact that they connect to his phone once the battery case dies.

Case may be faulty. should check with support.

His problem does make sense though? Because unless Anker has a system in place where the Air’s know to stay off in the case, once they don’t receive a charge they’d turn on automatically, just like how it works when you pull it out of the case normally.

Why don’t you try to reproduce? It’s pretty easy to be honest. And so many users have experienced it that I am 100% sure it’s not a faulty battery. It’s just they forgot that use case when they designed them.

I’m trying to… my case is not discharged yet.

Sorry for the confusion but I don’t have Air. I was talking about my earbuds where Anker happily replaced my unit. Either way, my point was to contact support for replacement since it doesn’t seem there is a repair for this problem

What we are all trying to say is that a replacement will not solve the issue, since it’s by design.

2 Likes

Ok my case has been completely out of battery now, and the buds have about half the juice left, and I can confirm that when I put the buds into the case, the buds disconnected to my phone (have been connected at first). I took them out and the buds connected to my phone immediately. So your unit must be defected.

2 Likes

That is awesome. You really confirmed my doubt.
When the battery of case is discharged it doesn’t mean there is 0 juice left. It still acts as a load for the earbuds and should keep them from automatically turning on.
The item in question is definitely faulty. Get support involved…

1 Like

A li ion battery when considered empty still has 2.5-3 V of potential difference which is enough to act as a load to connected device.

fun fact, in the last session of case discharging before the buds, the buds were off and they kept the last juice in them until i turned them back on, makes me wonder if the lid opens in my pocket in a weird scenario and starts this thing.