Anker power bank

I brought a powerbank recently and i hve used it quite alot. I must say it charges the phone quick but whn it cum to charging the actually power bank takes so much time like 3-6 hours.

2 Likes

That is unfortunate but quite normal.
If you for example had a 10000 mAh bank and your phone battery for example has a 2500 mAh battery you will note that one is 4 times the size as the other.

Assuming all conditions are the same and you are using a 2.4 amp wall charger to charge the bank and the bank outputs 2.4 amp into your phone it would take 4 times the length to charge the battery bank.

This is a very crude example and there are very many variables like

1. will your phone accept 2.4 amps or is it much less?
  2. what is the output of the wall charger?
  3. Which bank are you using?
  4. are all conditions the same, temp, percentage charge, etc.

I think you can see the point and I hope this helps. :sunglasses:

I have yet to get one but waiting on exciting new products, i feel like its almost there.

That’s quite normal, my first PowerBank from Anker, the Astro E1 Mini, takes 5 hours to fully charge from 0% to 100%.

That is common and normal.

Lithium cells heat up when they are recharged. If you try to apply too much energy input, try to charge them too fast they heat up and risk this:

So it is normal to recharge at a lower rate than their discharge.

If you look at a specific powerbank it will have a specific input Amp and often state if you deliver at least that Amp the recharge time you’d typically see. If you are getting slower than expected then:

• cable is a common cause of being old / broken so try different cable
  • ensure your charger is output at least what the battery max input.
  • good example is to use an Anker 2.4A output charger with an Anker USB cable with a 2A input Anker battery.

Anker’s smallest battery is one Lithium 3300mAh cell and a 1A input. Next is 5000mAh with 2A input, 2A then to about 10000mAh, then higher Wattage in larger like the 8 cell 26800mAh Powercore 26800 with 4A input. The A per cell is generally dropping, so 1 cell gets 1A, the 3 cell is 2A so 2/3A per cell, the 8 cell is 4A so 1/2A per cell, due to having all the cells together and making each other hotter, so Wattage input is often faster via multiple smaller batteries than one big battery.

So if you are wanting fastest recharge go with multiple smaller batteries, good sweetspot is the Powercore 5000, Powercore 5000 Slim, and Powecore 10000.

3 Likes

I usually charge my powerbank overnight when it gets low on battery. It’ll last for days

I only own the Anker Powercore+ Mini and it is a 1A input and I find it slow to output and input, but what do you expect for something so small. If I were to buy anything it would be one of the smaller 2A input and 2A output and if I ever got in a situation I needed more capacity then I’d either go with multiple smaller for maximum recharge speed, or one of the recharge speed optimised versions.

1 Like

Try using a different charger to charge your powerbank.