All my reviews are gone from Amazon, anyone else?

@bobbleheaderman, Thanks! Sorry…

1 Like

Any one know why my ranking was 1 million yesterday but today it is 50 millions? What’s wrong? What’s risk?

Anyone get reviews rejected on any product on Amazon? I cant review anything Ive purchased anymore, regardless of company. I have a request in with cust service/Community review department to ask why.

i’m like ranked #20,100 of all reviewers with 108 reviews and 700 likes which isnt awesome but not too bad

anyone else experience this?

@bill_rae, you’re in good company. It seems to be happening to basically everyone who has ever written an Amazon review.

is it against policy to mention other brand names in a review when comparing? for instance, i bought 3 UV shirts and am comparing them in a review of the best one saying it is superior to these other two brands

Il have to see if they have blocked me, currently have a few silly items waiting to be reviewed.

they published my reviews and apologized for removing them when they were not outside the rules

Ahh, so technically you may not have been banned. You may have just needed some possible edits to a particular review.? I used to get those once in a while especially when I would use the word google in my review.

Not sure I didn’t change anything. Just put in an inquiry

1 Like

I’ve had one or two blocked by facists amazon! (Joke)

Apparently, I can’t use reviews to complain about service of the company. Which is a damned shame, as that can affect whether.youd want a product.

If the product is (say) 4⅓/5 * and you had a problem with the company not backing g up it’s guarantee, this may stop some from choosing the company as they may worry about… What will happen if it.goes wrong, which is as important as a shit device.

I think so.

Apart from that, I’ve never had a review removed etc

If they allowed you to review the service it would not be fair to the product as a lot of 3rd party sellers perform or fail to perform the service on Amazon. Often the owner of the product does not get contacted but rather the seller who probably would not care to make it right as they change store names often. They will let you rate the seller separately so that it does not effect the products quality rating.

Think of it this way. If you buy a product from Amazon or Ebay and give it a low review because it was shipped late or did not reply to an email request who do you think deserves the low rating

1. Amazon or Ebay
  2. third party seller
  3. Manufacturer
  4. the product

Is it the pub, the chef, or the meat?

So when you say, to the waiter the steak was tough and he says… Don’t care. We cook the best wagu steaks, imported from Japan.

Do you say on trip adviser, that along with bad food, you got bad service?

Service is everything.

you’re missing the point…on Amazon the review is for the product. The product may be sold by many sellers, some good, some bad… I agree with you that service(the waiter) is as important as the item but often times the service on Amazon is not provided by the manufacturer. …Soooo blaming the steak or cow would be incorrect…

There have been posts on this forum slandering an Anker product because someone bought an item off Amazon and were refused satisfaction from the seller, NOT ANKER…The 3rd party seller will respond or maybe not and this should not affect the product or the manufacturers ranking. That’s why the seller review is separate.

It’s just the way Amazon sets it up…I would definitely blame the pub in your above example as ultimately they are responsible for whom they hire…So I guess we should blame Amazon for a bad product or service as they allow them to sell on their site.

Ever try to leave a review about your Amazon experience rating Amazon themselves…If you find a way let me know.

1 Like

I think your mission the point.

Amazon, is the talking pages for selling. However, there are places to have a gripe about Amazon.

I’m not sure about you, but when I leave a review, I do it on the page, I bought it from. I do this go to ankers page and review an aukey product, Vice-Versa.

So I’m not sure what method you have for complaining, but I do it to the people who sold n supplied it to me.

@amangons Maybe we have different rules on Amazon.ca can’t say for sure as I am banned from reviewing, lol, If you look at my example on this page,half way down it says 14 new from …If I click that I get a lot of choices of sellers and all of them are affected by my reviewing that product from that page… If one of them angers me and I leave a review for the product they are all associated with that page and they all lose out. If the product is to blame then so be it but if the seller is to blame then I prefer to target that one seller…That is why they have seller reviews separate from product reviews .
Don’t get me wrong. I Dislike Amazon for various reasons just like you …They banned me and would not let me plead my case!

Anyhoo, we all have are own opinions as long as we target the person that caused our form of grief, it’s all good my friend. :wink: :relaxed:

1 Like

Amazon is cracking down on unverified purchase reviews. Unfortunately they push their own pay for review (Vine reviews) at the top of the review list. Totally unethical behavior.
While searching for reviews I put a filter to remove Vine reviews since they are mostly fake.

How do you figure Amazon vine reviews are fake? Sure they get products for free or discount in exchange for a review…similar to what we do here so explain how they are fake? I write reviews for better or worse regardless if I get something for free.

Why do you think they don’t allow non purchase reviews? Vine program is their own agenda (like it or not but Vine reviews are not 100% trustworthy). Its a bitter truth that a free product will always generate more 5 star reviews than a verified purchase.

I wouldn’t go as far to say Vine reviews are fake but I do think they are often single paragraphed phoned in reviews of ‘oh hey, these are great, do the job etc etc’ as they are nothing out as long as they write a review to get the next product in the chain. If they don’t like the product, why bother slating it, you got it for free and will still keep getting the next ones as long as you review…

Certainly seen more 5 star Vine reviews that are less than a paragraph than 1-3 star variations. Would love to know how Amazon choose sometimes, top 2000 users are probably made up of less than 25% Vine reviewers, above 2000 I no doubt it tips the other way…oh well :open_hands:

Well when I was selected way back when to be a vine reviewer I was too 5000 rating for Amazon so I really don’t know how they choose reviewers. But yea a lot of them don’t go into depth, but I have seen a bunch of then write great reviews whether good or bad

2 Likes