Zolo Liberty+ Kickstarter Backers - Shipment

Happy for you. Enjoy your new buds! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I just need to contact support. One of the medium eartips that was preattached to the Liberty+ has a tear/cut. Hopefully, I can get a replacement eartip from Zolo/Anker.

Otherwise, the earbuds do sound great. Either close to or on par with my Sennheiser IE80’s. I might need to invest in some Comply eartips once they become available. The small tips are too loose during movement and the medium ones seem a little too tight when you push the buds all the way into the ear canal.

Edit: Here’s some pictures for your viewing pleasure. They included a yellow PowerLine+ microUSB cable, which is a change from most of their products.

3 Likes

Those look great, let us know how you like them after using for a few days

Guys…
I had the worst nightmare from Zolo.

I saw this happen to someone else on the comments in Kickstarter…so I decided to make sure I wasn’t affected.

They had the wrong address in their systems.
I’m from the UK and they were sending my Units to Virginia USA!

Surely somebody can sue them for this? It must be some kind of breach of data privacy.
It means my address is assigned to someone else’s email.

I urge everyone to email them to find out if they have the right address for you.

Well, I can’t confirm it is related, but the timing is certainly odd. I wrote to service@zoloaudio.com yesterday and woke up to a shipping confirmation saying I should receive my unit this week…

My address is correct, @gseveri07, except for the fact that it lacks my apartment number… But it has happened before with other retailers. Luckily, there’s a doorman at my building who knows what to do.

I’ll let you know when my buds arrive. I also plan to write a deep review after some use.

[UPDATE] I’ve just received a second email with the shipping confirmation. The first one was from AnkerDirect-CA through Amazon, the second one was from Zolo, and they have different information on the expected delivery. The Amazon email places delivery this week, while the Zolo email says it should take a week for the unit to arrive from Chine at their logistics center, and then they’ll ship to me. My hopes of getting it before Christmas were restored and crashed in the span of a few hours.

1 Like

I like the yellow Micro USB cable!

1 Like

Regarding your update…
I’d trust Amazon more than Zolo.
On the comment section quite a few people have received it BEFORE receiving a tracking email.

So there is still hope.

1 Like

Unexpected development: It arrived today. :smile: I decided to check the tracking code and it showed the item delivered. Sure enough, it was with the doorman downstairs. So, if anything, the lesson is: don’t trust the shipping information? Both emails came within hours from one another, and the unit itself arrived in the same day.

First impressions: the box is exceedingly nice, the charging case is smaller than I expected - even if I had all the cues from other pictures alongside the buds themselves - and the yellow cable is a nice surprise. It’s charging now, to test tomorrow. I should have a full review by this weekend after a few days of testing.

3 Likes

Lol told you. Zolo has absolutely no clue about where their units actually are at any given time.

Keep an ear out for the left ear bud dropping out.
Keep an eye out for the Liberty’s not charging to 100%.
And keep track of how long the Liberty’s last on a single charge, and how many recharges you’re capable of doing on a single charge of the case.

Some disappointing reviews on the comment section.

Also, if anything is wrong with your unit you could demand a partial refund for the inconvenience, and a replacement unit.

Update: Looks like they are giving me a partial refund $10 USD, for replacement eartip(s) once they are available. So that’s a plus.

So far the only issues I’ve had are with the left earbud having some issues of static or slight dropouts. It tends to come and go, so I’m not sure if it’s my phone or the buds themselves (The Samsung S8 has less issues than my Pixel 2 XL). Granted, they are using Bluetooth and they are quite susceptible to interference and rely on a line of sight. Bluetooth can have great signal strength, but, you do trade off battery life. The Logitech UE Roll and Anker’s Soundcore’s have a great Bluetooth receiver that can travel through a few walls before having the music cutting in and out.

Kickstarters can be a hit or miss. Granted, the majority of the stuff on there can be pretty sketchy and stuff being delivered is overhyped, stated, etc.

Zolo’s Kickstarter was not without hitches, and while they are a subsidiary of Anker, they probably comprised of a new team that underestimated the initial demand and found themselves overextended. Could they have done things better, yes. More than likely, they could have used more help on the logistical side of things, as it is apparent that some people were getting them straight from China and later through the Amazon distribution network (more efficient and less hassle for customs).

Uhm, I’d imagine you’d see the biggest benefit using BT 5.0.
Is the Samsung S8 BT 5?

And well, I’m just disappointed that Zolo used Kickstarter at all. They don’t need crowdfunding to complete any project, they made this evident when they released the Liberty and Mojo.
They claim that a different team worked on the Liberty, and imply that they had their own separate budget.
Sure, but if they had 2 teams why not use both to fulfill the pledges quicker?
They literally chose to do things inefficiently.

The Kickstarter choice appears to be mainly a Marketing stunt, and a way of avoiding corporate responsibility which to me is unforgivable.
For the delays they’ve had, I will expect perfect units…otherwise i’ll milk them for everything they’ve got.
They made a promise on Zero Compromise. I will demand it.

If you haven’t noticed more and more companies that are established have been turnjng to crowd funding sites in order to gauge a products interest. Why spend a ton of money marketing and researching a product that will fizzle out or have no market for? When they can turn to kickstarter or the others and see how much of a following they have and then invest more into said products.

Btw, you wanting perfection because of delays on kickstarter…lmao, that’s just funny because many companies on kickstarter have delays and issues that come with said delays. So to demand perfection from an emerging idea is just preposterous

1 Like

Pixel 2 XL BT 5.0, Google doesn’t have a good track record in regards to Bluetooth connectivity or radio strength, the S8 is better in this regard.

No, while Bluetooth 5.0 increases the range and bandwidth (speed and capacity), there are still technical limitations. A stronger signal requires a larger antenna (passive) or a stronger radio (active). The Liberty+ does have less drops than my Anker Soundbud Slims (larger receiver), they do hitch once and a while. On the other hand, regular BT 4.0 speakers have little to no issue, as they have bigger antennas.

I can go from one end of the house to the other and have the radio drop out on the Liberty+. Granted, 1200ft2 and 3-4 walls tends to do that. For having such a small receiver it’s pretty amazing.

1 Like

Thts pretty good then. I’m excited to receive mine.
Pretty disappointed that in the last update they avoided the issue of the wrong addresses being assigned to the accounts.
It’s a pretty serious thing in my opinion.

@elmo41683

Yeh you are right, they are just using Kickstarter to gauge customer interest in a product.
That’s fine. But then they have no excuse for delays and/or mistakes. As they don’t compare to a random guy working from his garage to accomplish a dream.

At the end of the day they were fully capable of delivering but they used the protection of a Kickstarter to avoid corporate responsibility.
That is unacceptable.

Just because it’s normal for Kickstarters to be delayed in most cases, doesn’t make it ok in Zolo’s case.
As Zolo wasn’t Kickstarting out of need, but just using it as a marketing tool.

I received my DHL tracking number. My Liberty+ appear to have been sitting in Hong Kong since 16 December going nowhere.

Contacted DHL and they advise:

"The shipper has created the shipping label in the system for this address, but the package has not been physically handed to DHL Express at this stage.

For further information regarding when this shipment will be sent, you will need to contact the shipper."

In many years of buying over the internet I have never before encountered a seller that provides a tracking number when they have not shipped the goods. Can Anker please sort this fiasco out urgently.

Sorry to let you wait so long. As it is the peak time of logistics in China, so it will take a while to ship goods.
But don’t worry, we will try our best to ship your item as soon as possible.

Thanks for your response. You might not quite be as pleased as I am but my Liberty+ was delivered today…which is a Sunday in Australia!

Cheers

2 Likes

Do let us know how you like them, so far I’m loving mine

1 Like