Zolo Liberty+ Kickstarter Backers - Shipment

For all the Zolo Liberty+ backers out there: has anyone received shipment notification? The latest update in the Kickstarter page, from October 28th, is a little ambiguous as to wether or not they actually start shipping October 31st.

Other question: does anyone knows if shipment priority is by backer #, address or any other criteria?

Let’s all update each other here, shall we? Here’s my info:

• Backer # 368
  • Super Early Bird deal
  • Choose the black version
  • Shipping to Canada

So far, no shipment notification yet.

This topic’s idea is not to complain about shipment delays or the fact that it didn’t started on October if that’s the case - let us all remember it’s a Kickstarter, due to have a few hiccups. Let’s try to keep it to the facts, just so we can get a hold of when we should expect our Liberty+.

1 Like

Haha, you snagged the deal way earlier than me, I’ve got a backer number that’s almost double yours.

To answer your first question there hasn’t been any shipping information. Zolo’s last Kickstarter update did mention that shipping will occur in batches between Oct 31st to the end of November. They may or may not have shipped the first batches or experienced delays in communication and tracking. You do also have to remember November to December has to be the worst month for shipping parcels as the volume of shipping and online shopping goes up due to Christmas and Black Friday (US). Kickstarter with all its successes and failures, are really based on estimates. As you may have noticed a lot of Zolo backers are quite upset that they weren’t getting the Liberty+ on October 31st. I really hope these people never buy early access games or Star Citizen for the matter.

I’m also from Canada and even if we get shipping information today, we might experience significant delays if they chose a courier that ships via CanadaPost during the domestic part of the journey. The CBSA is a huge bottleneck to parcels being handled by CanadaPost. One of the main concerns is now fentanyl which only requires small amounts. Likewise, if they use UPS, DHL, FedEx, we will likely be hit with some form of Customs (understandable) and brokerage charges (from reasonable to expensive).

Shipment priority normally would be based on backer numbers, but, it would seem to not be entirely 100% accurate in this case. If you scroll down on the Kickstarter page, those who paid $109 for the First Batch Special, will likely receive shipping priority for the Liberty+.

I was on the waitlist and followed the launch of the Kickstarter to the second. Still, I got #368. Not complaining, of course. I just imagine how many people did the same. I’m actually lucky to get the Super Early Bird, which was restricted to 250 backers if I remember well.

Reading through the comments on the Kickstarter page, I saw some people who even though they are not testers nor First Batch Specials have already received their units. Logistic mistake, I guess.

Hmm, I checked the Kickstarter comments page and the two recent posts. So far there’s only one person mentioning shipping information from ‘EasyParcel’, no additional info regarding their backer number or pledge. Here’s to hoping they arrive within the month and don’t get held by the CBSA.

You are way ahead of those who use Kickstarter already. At least you understand that crowdfunded projects never have definitive dates and the goals of the project do change as time progresses, such as features being added and removed. Even well funded projects by private companies or governments tend to lose track of goals, timelines, etc.

So, yesterday I got an email from Zolo to update my shipping address - apparently there was something the carrier’s system didn’t recognize. And today we got a new update on the Kickstarter page detailing shipment as such:

Nov. 19 - 6000 (US, CA, JP)

Nov. 26 - 8000 (Worldwide)

Nov. 30 - 13000 (Worldwide)

It means that, given my updated address was accepted by their system, my Zolo is shipping today! :grinning: But knowing shipment tracking usually takes a few days - sometimes even arriving after the actual product, I’m not even worrying about it. But it is coming, people!

1 Like

@tiagomota that’s good to hear you should be getting yours soon. Let us know when you do get them with a nice review.
I would love to get them but I won’t be since they do not allow separate individual use. Which is a must for me at work…I know I could use the right but I wouldn’t be able to switch out to the left while the right charges

2 Likes

Waiting for your Zolo liberty+ review!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Not more than I’m waiting to write it! :sunglasses:

Just got my shipping notice yesterday. Hopefully, they will be here by Tuesday or Wednesday. It appears I was part of the last shipping batches despite a sub #1000 backer number.

2 Likes

Still haven’t received my notification… :pensive:

My notification came from Amazon, via Anker’s marketplace oddly.

1 Like

Extremely upset that Zolo has delayed their dispatch AGAIN, despite their latest update claiming all batches will be shipped by 30th November.

Some haven’t been dispatched until this week.

Once again they failed on their own word.

Yeah, I was cool with the delays - expected from any Kickstarter project - but after seeing so many comments about people from various regions and who chose different contributions to the project receive their units, I’m starting to worry.

I was hoping to get my Liberty+ before Christmas, but I’m not so hopeful now.

@SagaraS and @gseveri07, would you share your backer number, which deal you got on the project, colour choice, and your country? Thanks!

$89
Early Bird
Backer #729
Colour: Black

As stated before Canada.

Looks like they are out for delivery, just waiting for Canada Post.

The white edition and/or champaign (backer colour) apparently ran out and people that ordered them particular colours are expecting even further delays.

Edit: They just arrived, came in an Amazon box, shipping label, etc. Throwing them on the charger now. I expected the case for the buds to be made out of plastic, it appears the shell is made from aluminum.

2 Likes

Happy for you. Enjoy your new buds! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I just need to contact support. One of the medium eartips that was preattached to the Liberty+ has a tear/cut. Hopefully, I can get a replacement eartip from Zolo/Anker.

Otherwise, the earbuds do sound great. Either close to or on par with my Sennheiser IE80’s. I might need to invest in some Comply eartips once they become available. The small tips are too loose during movement and the medium ones seem a little too tight when you push the buds all the way into the ear canal.

Edit: Here’s some pictures for your viewing pleasure. They included a yellow PowerLine+ microUSB cable, which is a change from most of their products.

3 Likes

Those look great, let us know how you like them after using for a few days

Guys…
I had the worst nightmare from Zolo.

I saw this happen to someone else on the comments in Kickstarter…so I decided to make sure I wasn’t affected.

They had the wrong address in their systems.
I’m from the UK and they were sending my Units to Virginia USA!

Surely somebody can sue them for this? It must be some kind of breach of data privacy.
It means my address is assigned to someone else’s email.

I urge everyone to email them to find out if they have the right address for you.

Well, I can’t confirm it is related, but the timing is certainly odd. I wrote to service@zoloaudio.com yesterday and woke up to a shipping confirmation saying I should receive my unit this week…

My address is correct, @gseveri07, except for the fact that it lacks my apartment number… But it has happened before with other retailers. Luckily, there’s a doorman at my building who knows what to do.

I’ll let you know when my buds arrive. I also plan to write a deep review after some use.

[UPDATE] I’ve just received a second email with the shipping confirmation. The first one was from AnkerDirect-CA through Amazon, the second one was from Zolo, and they have different information on the expected delivery. The Amazon email places delivery this week, while the Zolo email says it should take a week for the unit to arrive from Chine at their logistics center, and then they’ll ship to me. My hopes of getting it before Christmas were restored and crashed in the span of a few hours.

1 Like