Zolo Liberty+ Issue - Lower volume on right bud

I have the same problem from yesterday with my Kickstarter’s Zolo Liberty Plus, but with the left earbud! None of the tips (reset, cleaning) worked!
My last try will be to leave the earbuds discharge totally, so the will really reset and restert after recharge.
Next step, contact the support service to get help…

Same problem here, but with the left earbud’s volume being lower than the right, for me. I’ve had my Liberty+ for half a month and started noticing the issue fairly early, I’d say in the first week of use.

I’ll try some of the tips listed here: resetting / depleting battery / cleaning the grill – even though it’s already perfectly clean. If I can’t get this fixed in the next week or so I’ll have to return them, which is a shame because the product has been otherwise excellent for me.

OK, after draining both earbuds completely and charging them back to full, the volume is back to normal in my left ear bud (first try so fingers crossed).

Makes me think this specific issue could be resolved with a firmware update… I will report back if it surfaces again.

2 Likes

As some of you periodic members know I said I was going to write my review on these about a week ago. Sadly in the process I noticed my right earbud getting lower. I held off on my review to test cleaning and draining the battery. I been testing all since last week and I can honestly say that the right earbud is progressively getting worse. Everytime I use them I have to turn the vume adult mentioned for the right earbud up. Today even at max volume it is a quarter of the volume of the left earbud.
I will be sending support a message in the AM about this.

Well, the issue’s already back for me. The ‘full drain’ solution is not viable if I have to do it every other day… I only have a couple of days left in my return window, so I think it’s gonna go back to Anker. Such a shame!

1 Like

Facing the same problem unfortunately. Caused almost after 1 month :slight_smile:

Looks like after all I’ll have to switch to airpods… Which won’t be good because I love the sound and crazy base of liberty+. But these problems and connectivity issues aren’t good.

Same problem here. First the left bud got super low on volume and now the right bud too.

They are useless now. Tried to restet the connection and cleaned them… Seems to be a problem with the early models?

Actually the only way to make the right earbud work a little better was that! :anguished:

Sadly when mine started going lower nothing I tried worked for me

:nauseated_face:sounds pleasant

I got the same issue few days ago, i can barely hear anything on the left earbud and on the right the sound is too low.
it is really frustrating and the earbuds are useless now.

As you found the root vause, how to fix it now and when?

I’m also experiencing near total loss in volume in my right earbud. Any response from Anker/Zolo?

Send zolo a message, that is the only way you will get a solution and help. We can post about it here but in the end we about ll have to reach out to them for support and warranty

Support@zoloaudio.com

Yep - problem started appearing yesterday and now almost silent in the right ear. Since most problems appear in the right earpiece (judging from posts above) I’d say this is a tech issue and not so much a wax/oil issue. Will email Zolo support now…

I emailed that address 5 days ago - and used the feedback option in the app - no response. Is this usual?

[Edit] This is because the correct email address is service@zoloaudio.com so now we know…

I also just submitted a support case. Cleaned, reset, re-paired, tested with multiple devices, and still no change.

I just experienced this issue with my Kickstarter Gold edition. Reset and clean did not work. They are offering me an exchange for standard black or refund. I’m having a hard time deciding. I loved these until just now. Has anything changed during production to reduce the likelihood of this happening again?

I know they upgraded the mesh grill not sure about hard wear or firmware updates.

Check my post on a fix

3 Likes

Came on here to say that for me at least, this was definitely a hardware and not a software issue.

I thought that the right bud was somehow totally disabled. Tried to reset, repair, and run down the battery to reset, none of which worked. After reading this thread, I checked and realized that no, the right bud was not silent, it was just very very quiet.

I used a pair of electronics tweezers and removed the gold foil. I removed the black cloth strip underneath, and now the right bud has full volume. I put the gold foil back in place. Hopefully it doesn’t fall out inside my ear.