Zolo Liberty+ Issue - Lower volume on right bud

I connected my earphones to my laptop since max volume is louder in there. Using a q-tip heavily soaked with alcohol, I cleaned the gold mesh while it is facing downwards. Cleaning it while facing upwards kinda doesn’t help (also was my first attempt) since the moist still remains inside. I kinda applied a bit of pressure in it so that a bit more alcohol will enter the mesh, do some internal cleaning and eventually gets pumped out by the sound.

Zolo is aware of this issue and is currently redesigning the speaker grill or filter to not be so easily blocked by earwax or ear skin oils. It is a shame that many have suffered from this problem despite this problem witch I personally have not suffered even though I wear these earbuds 4-6 hrs a day for the past 3 weeks these are great sounding comfortable and secure in the ear.

[quote=“tombaito, post:21, topic:58130, full:true”]
I connected my earphones to my laptop since max volume is louder in there. Using a q-tip heavily soaked with alcohol, I cleaned the gold mesh while it is facing downwards.[/quote]

Instead of a Q-Tip, it may be more advantageous to use a clean toothbrush & push the bristles through the mesh to clear out any gunk…however, I don’t know how fine that mesh actually is nor if the bristles will actually be able to go through it (I don’t own the Zolo earbuds). Also, you’d just want to go far enough into the mesh to clear it out.

Be careful with whatever process is used.

1 Like

My buds have also started this same behavior - Right bud has significantly lower volume. I’ll try the troubleshooting steps tonight, but from responses here, not expecting any results. I haven’t used them for sports. I only wear them about an hour a day.

Also, can others confirm it has only the been the right bud? If so, that goes a ways towards eliminating debris and clogging from the list.

I’m having exactly the same issue.
I also bought the Liberty+ via Kickstarter, and they’ve worked well until today. Suddenly the volume on the right bud is much, much lower than the left. I’ve tried the reset directions, tried pairing to a different device, etc. It doesn’t make any difference.

This is really disappointing…

A sudden drop in volume doesn’t bode well for the “gunk in the mesh” theory. I hope they find and resolve the root of the issue so user’s can enjoy their earbuds as intended.

I’ve had the same issue here. Got the Liberty+ off of Kickstarter and just received it about 3 weeks ago.

In the last 24 hours, the right bud lost volume but it’s also done so suddenly. With a build up of gunk, you would think that would be more gradual.

The left bud’s working perfectly.

Having the same issue here, only the right earbud its low volume… My problem is im from argentina !

I’m having the same issue with the right bud. Started yesterday. Have been using these since they were shipped via the kick starter program.

This happened to me today. While wearing them, volume dropped gradually in the right earbud until it was very low. Audio remained in the left earbud.

I wasn’t touching it or adjusting it at all when it happened, so I am sceptical of the ‘buildup of gunk’ explanation. I would be curious as to how long people in this thread have had their Liberty+'s? I received mine around December 17 and have been using them almost every day for 1-2 hours…

Greetings, I purchased my Zolo Liberty+ on Kickstarter, as well. Today, February 8, 2018, my right ear bud began doing the same as chronicled in this forum. Currently, as I am listening to it, it is Raising and lowering volume and there is a popping or snapping sound occuring.
I am also not convinced that cleaning the earbud screen will improve volume or clarity. I will report this same issue to Zolo for an answer.

I have the same problem from yesterday with my Kickstarter’s Zolo Liberty Plus, but with the left earbud! None of the tips (reset, cleaning) worked!
My last try will be to leave the earbuds discharge totally, so the will really reset and restert after recharge.
Next step, contact the support service to get help…

Same problem here, but with the left earbud’s volume being lower than the right, for me. I’ve had my Liberty+ for half a month and started noticing the issue fairly early, I’d say in the first week of use.

I’ll try some of the tips listed here: resetting / depleting battery / cleaning the grill – even though it’s already perfectly clean. If I can’t get this fixed in the next week or so I’ll have to return them, which is a shame because the product has been otherwise excellent for me.

OK, after draining both earbuds completely and charging them back to full, the volume is back to normal in my left ear bud (first try so fingers crossed).

Makes me think this specific issue could be resolved with a firmware update… I will report back if it surfaces again.

2 Likes

As some of you periodic members know I said I was going to write my review on these about a week ago. Sadly in the process I noticed my right earbud getting lower. I held off on my review to test cleaning and draining the battery. I been testing all since last week and I can honestly say that the right earbud is progressively getting worse. Everytime I use them I have to turn the vume adult mentioned for the right earbud up. Today even at max volume it is a quarter of the volume of the left earbud.
I will be sending support a message in the AM about this.

Well, the issue’s already back for me. The ‘full drain’ solution is not viable if I have to do it every other day… I only have a couple of days left in my return window, so I think it’s gonna go back to Anker. Such a shame!

1 Like

Facing the same problem unfortunately. Caused almost after 1 month :slight_smile:

Looks like after all I’ll have to switch to airpods… Which won’t be good because I love the sound and crazy base of liberty+. But these problems and connectivity issues aren’t good.

Same problem here. First the left bud got super low on volume and now the right bud too.

They are useless now. Tried to restet the connection and cleaned them… Seems to be a problem with the early models?

Actually the only way to make the right earbud work a little better was that! :anguished:

Sadly when mine started going lower nothing I tried worked for me