Your First Day of 2018 | Share What Happened

Oh I have square and link sausages if I’m have a fry up very different things they are :innocent:
Most things that are classes as Scottish actually are not originally from here (Tartan, bagpipes etc). We simply get rather fond of certain things and promote them, which people then see as ours :sweat_smile:

I’m going to vote for this as the worse suggestion from you ever!! Reheated tea and coffee is so wrong in my book, it tastes awful! :anguished::mask:

It better be HP :wink:

1 Like

As you’re all talking about breakfast… as a Canadian all I can think of is maple syrup and pancakes. :joy:

Seconded, either fresh for me or not at all :smile:

1 Like

Sprout are the devil’s own fart bubbles!

OMG
I don’t mind stewed truck stop tea (the pot is kept hot, then as it gets used, you add more hot water n tea bags, but never empty it)

But never, microwaved cold tea, that’s just not cricket old boy!

Leaves or bag (my pref is Yorkshire tea bags)
Place bag in a mug, add sugar
Pour fresh (boiled once and.only once and use straight off the boil) boiled water over teabag, stir n leave for 2 mins or so
Squeeze teabag in the mug n bin
Add enough milk to discolour… NEVER ADD MILK FIRST, ALWAYS AFTER THE TEA HAS BREWED.

1 Like

Happy New Year!

Try it first.

NEVER! :stuck_out_tongue:
I do sometimes drink tea that’s an hour or so cold.

I nuked a tea many years ago, and it was disgusting!

What an exquisite life @amangons @Arwen

Well if you’re going to drink a mug of tea, it’s got to be done correctly! lol

An old friend used to make me laugh. Every time he popped round for a coffee, he’d say… I love coming round to yours cos you always make such a good coffee/tea.

I’d always reply… That’s because I don’t buy stuff from the pound shop/dollar store, but buy the good stuff and make it properly.

In fact I’ve always been complimented on my brewing abilities. It certainly helped me win over my fiancée. lol

2 Likes

My first day was okay, but I was fighting a cold. :frowning: I had the day off work so that was something! I played video games most of the day but I went to sleep early trying to fight the cold!