Xiaomi’s first 108-megapixel cameraphone is here

Do you really need such a cameraphone with 108 megapixel? Where do you use it?? is it better than the standard SLR cameras in anyway?

2 Likes

Megapixels mean jack squat, it’s all about the focal length and a quality of the sensor being used.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: Wow, that is a beast…so you can take professional level shots but risk having elements banned or blocked if the US goes down the same route they did with Huawei :grin: (yes I know not that cut and dry)…

3 Likes

You may lose the support if that happens :thinking:

Great spec phone, it’s amazing how far mobiles have come.
At first I thought it was a single sensor at 108 mp.
As @Tank mentions, there is much more to producing a good quality photo than the pixel count.

1 Like

I don’t take enough pictures to justify the need for this. I mean it seems like the competition is now how many cameras can they fit on the back

2 Likes

2 Likes

LOL :rofl: This :point_up: has 8 cameras, leading spec so far…

1 Like

I mean, it’s a 108mp sensor, but I’m sure it’s only going to produce 12mp (maybe 18?) photos.

Also megapixels don’t mean much. As @Tank stated, there’s a lot more that goes into it than that. MP are only included to trick people who aren’t so technically inclined, into thinking the camera is better then it is.

In my opinion the most important part of a digital camera, is the software behind the sensor.