Would you want a household robot?

Just catching up on the daily news and saw this on the BBC… is it me or does it look like a iPad on a big castor / wheel :thinking:

Would you ever consider having an household robot (outside of the RoboVac of course :wink:) or do you think Eufy themselves might try and jump in this direction?

3 Likes

I personally wouldn’t mind having a house robot, although I would prefer it to be able to do more than just patrol as security and or show camera feeds. I want a robot like the Jetsons had, one that can clean and cook…but that will probably never happen

1 Like

I have a “Rosie”…

She’s old and loud now and doesn’t do much but get stuck every cycle.

Great @ndalby
Indeed I would love a household robot. But am in team @Tank in that it would have to be able to do household jobs so I won’t have too :sunglasses:

It’s features are still quite limited, so for right now it would be more of a novelty than a helping hand

1 Like

It would be interesting to have one but I think it would scare my dogs or my dogs would attack it. Lol. Two Dachshund are vicious little dogs. :rofl:

I never would do.
Such a kind of robot would steel my humble jobs here in the house totally. :rofl:

1 Like

Aha “Rosie” seems in the same age as our “old Willy” is.
He is working perfectly.
“Rosie” is loud now? (An elder women :grin:)
You could tape the “free end” of the middle brush.
Helps and doesn’t disturb any function.

1 Like

Would not be my plan A. May be a Plan C.

Plan A is be nice person and have friends and family, you help them and they help you. That’s more social.

Plan B would if the above failed then a social carer.

Plan C would be more automated devices.

Isolation is something you should through in your life to avoid. If I encounter a fragile person I pop by every few days and see if they need anything. At some point that person may be me and I’d hope others reciprocate, but it may become a robot in the end.

The last time 2 days ago I helped someone I was up a ladder swapping a lightbulb. Can a robot do that? :thinking:

A cat or a dog is better for social therapy for such isolated persons.
But how to train these animals to swap a bulb?

What about a parrot?
No, not possible.

May be a little monkey can do. :laughing:

Agreed. I live on a block where I am friends with my neighbors and we all help each other out when we can. Sadly many of my friends think it’s strange but I think it’s the best way to live helping others being nice and if you’re lucky they might help you back when you need it

3 Likes

Same we do here Kaitlyn.
All neighbors around are friends.
We talk, we know each other.
Not normal in our days.

EG: There are so many stories around.
Fighting, involving lawyers, if there are leaves falling down from neighbor’s property.
What a weird creation human beings can be.

I was tought by my mother (Austrian) :
(Freundlichkeit kostet nichts)
Friendliness is free!

1 Like