Would you buy an Anker speaker / dock stereo system?

Been looking recently at my home audio devices and got to thinking it would be good if Anker joined the party of dock stereo systems. I currently use a Phillips which covers CD / DAB / USB and to an extent it serves me well but is a bit of a let down due to the speakers (a bit tinny even in a small room). As Anker are already in the speaker / bluetooth game an all in one system could be a possibility.

What other features would be good (or included in model variations)

• CD

• DAB

• Fixed lightning port or USB

• Vinyl (well it is coming back)

Good idea! I would like to see AirPlay and DLNA compatibility as well.

That would be pretty cool. In addition, overall, I wish that Anker would enter the more premium side of products in addition to their already great selection of cheap, but good quality accessories, such as a complete home audio system, for example.

Honestly I think Anker is more focused on modern, and largely more simple products. As stereo like that may face problems similar to stereos which use 30-pin connectors - it would end up becoming dated very quickly. Similar story with CD players. Anker makes great phone accessories and I’m not sure this is really what they’re going for.

Their lineup is too big. I agree that it is in need to be much simpler.

I have gotten a bluetooth speaker (SoundCore mini) through PowerUser program. I must say this item is pretty great for the sound volume and the distance it can cover

Yes I like this idea also! I posted about this earlier about like having a smart clock, with weather, speakers, etc. I also really like that you are using cool ideas with more of CD and vinlys which would be pretty cool.

With the advent of the Amazon Echo and Google Home and Chromecast Audio, will a product like this have that large of a user base moving forward? Smart phones are already ubiquitous so why not have something that works with them in a more forward thinking fashion?

Yes, indeed. Brands like Anker have their place but we don’t necessarily want them making everything.

To revisit this thread, I think it would be great if Anker/ Soundcore would make a large speaker or floor size speaker that can stream bluetooth and or be hooked up with auxiliary cord. This speaker would support all audio codecs and be compatible with BT 5.0.

1 Like

yes! I would like it