Wish list of features for EufyCam

Noted! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you, hhamster86. Thatā€™s it. Havenā€™t checked the forums in a bit, apologies for late thank you.

1 Like

Temperature monitoring! Since there is a temperature alarm, i assume it would also be possible to get temperature monitoring from the camera

2 Likes

Hello there!

I recently installed my set of EufyCams and so far they are working fine and I have a small feature request regarding the base modes you can setup (Home, Away and Schedule).

Would be possible to add an option to disable the motion detection of the cameras when the Home mode is enabled? The ā€œproblemā€ is that I have dogs, they go out during the day and the camera records them :yum: but I donā€™t what to decrease the motion sensivity (current workaround) because the levels are perfect when Iā€™m away.

Hope you can pitch this feature internally!

Thanks!

1 Like

@AnkerSupport can you add zone detection so users can set a zone or multiple zones to restrict where motion would activate the notifications and recording?

If you want to disable the motion detection, why not just disable the recording of videos when you are in Home mode?

Being able to force touch the app icon on iPhones to change the camera mode was a very useful feature with Arlo and I would like that to be available with the EufyCam too.

1 Like

Good idea! The camera will be still triggered down, consuming battery but it will probably be very little.
Thanks!

Local API for switching between home and away mode would be nice. Then the cameras could be integrated in Home Assistant or any other smart home system. The Eufy smart bulb and switches already have this through the Eufy home API (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/eufy/).
IFTTT could also solve this of cause.

It would also be nice to be able to schedule a still picture to be taken once or a couple of times each day. That way we could create a time lapse video of the seasons changingā€¦

6 Likes

@AnkerSupport this would be neat.

We do appreciate the suggestion and this does make a lot of sense. We are implimenting a geofencing feature soon, so this should provide more customization regarding the cameraā€™s sensitivity when home/away.

We like this ideaā€¦

3 Likes

+1 Would like it if the preview screen in the app updated automatically every x hours.

2 Likes

I am now being notified that the temperature is too cold to charge my cameras. Does this mean the cameras have a temperature sensor? If so, can the temperature be displayed somewhere in the app?

2 Likes

Yes, the camera has temp sensor. The app will provide direction if the temperature begins to get too extreme.

Iā€™m sure it could be but like Anker said there are warnings when internal temperature of the camera becomes to high. I assume the temperature sensor is on the batteries and board and would not be useful to monitor outside temperatures only the battery and board temperature of the camera.

While cutting the lawn or shoveling snow I get tons of motion notifications and recordings if I forget to switch to Home mode where I have notifications and recordings turned off. My issue is that I often forget to switch back to my Schedule mode when finished with my outdoor activities.

Is it possible to implement a temporary mode change where the cameras could switch to one mode for x hours and then return to the previous mode? Or implement a reminder notification if the camera isnā€™t in a specified mode at a certain time each day?

Mode switching would be a lot easier if it could be changed via force touch on iPhones.

2 Likes

Good point. Thatā€™s what happened yesterday. I forgot to turn the camera off before shoveling driveway, ended up getting 30 notifications when checked the app after I returned.

Iā€™ve been asking for a ā€œpause for duration Xā€ feature for quite some time, but Eufy has yet to respond. Basically, an option to pause for (e.g.) 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 2 hours, 4 hours, or something similar.

1 Like

We do appreciate the suggestion! At the moment we do have the scheduling function to supplement this, and we will be introducing geofencing relatively soon, but we do see what you mean regarding an easier way to switch modes.

1 Like