Wish list of features for EufyCam

Exposure adjustments please! Different ones for night and day modes. At night the areas of interest are just black, there are some bright features that the camera is exposing for instead.

1 Like

Have you made sure you have night vision turned on?

Thanks for the feedback! Forwarded!

1 Like

We will be offering single cams/parts after the Kickstarter is over!

1 Like

This may already be present somewhere in the app and I just haven’t found it yet, but a battery indicator per device would be very helpful. I realize the cameras should have a significant battery life, but it seems like a no-brainer to be able to understand how battery life is affected with different settings activated.

1 Like

This what you mean?

5 Likes

I would love to see the thumbnail update with the last recorded motion event. This would give a quick view when you open the app of what is going on. For instance, I can open the app quickly and see that the mail man triggered the alert.

2 Likes

Erm… of course I have!

1 Like

A rain shield please! At the moment my cameras just get rained on and then raindrops prevent me from viewing the image clearly. Even my cheapo IP outdoors IP cameras have the lens protected.

4 Likes

We are still evaulating Home Kit, but we will most likely not have this as an addition. With that being said, Alexa and Google support will be avaliable before the end of 2019!

You should be able to change your notification preferences in your Android settings!

Thanks for the feedback! In terms of geofencing- we’re looking to add this functionality in Jan. of 2019!

Thanks for the feedback!

There are battery indicators in the app! @Haloweenhamster took some great screenshots of where they are located:

Thanks for the feedback! Forwarded!

1 Like

+1 a cheap ‘clip-on’ rain shield sounds like something that could be created fairly easily for a company like Eufy (Anker).

1 Like

Two more 'quality of life changes I guess we could add:

1. Option to highlight the motion the camera detects (e.g. square box around the motion) so you can see it… Just watched a video my cam recorded and had to rewatch it a few times until I saw the cat …

2. In portrait mode, you can swipe from one video to the next. In landscape mode you can’t do this, so you have to come out of landscape, change video, and then go back in… It would be good to just be able to swipe through them all in landscape.

1 Like

Thanks for the response on Apple HomeKit!!
Sad to know it is not attainable. Most of the Apple users will really like to have this so they feel more secured and there is no need to add an additional hub if they already dont have one.
Hope you would re-consider to evaluate this option as this is going to attract Apple users.[quote=“AnkerSupport, post:30, topic:63877, full:true”]

We are still evaulating Home Kit, but we will most likely not have this as an addition. With that being said, Alexa and Google support will be avaliable before the end of 2019!

[/quote]

1 Like

I assume you meant “Alexa and Google support will be avaliable Before end of 2018 !!”

not 2019

Monitor and manage all devices from desktop PC
When will this feature be accessible.
Most wanted.

3 Likes

How about a movement sensor, that would really add to the eufy security system, and an external siren. With these two you could have a full alarm system (If we had an alternative to disabling the system via a phone)

2 Likes

you are correct, our mistake

At risk of having the whole Internet scream out in pain because portrait video is the worst evil in the universe, I would like support in the app for recording portrait video - I have a camera on the wall to one side of my front door, monitoring the front of the house. The best coverage is achieved by turning the camera 90 degrees on its axis. This avoids half the picture being wall. Putting the night-vision LEDs furthest from the wall also means that splashback from the wall doesn’t ruin nighttime exposure.

At the very least, the ability to reorient the timestamp. The app should default to “fullscreen” viewing for a portrait camera on a phone, and there should be the option of 90 or 270 degrees rotation from “normal” to allow for all mounting options. If possible, native recording of portrait video to the microSD so that the file is 1080x1920 etc.

Also, much more configuration for the timestamp would be great: The current 1.0.5.9 fw in 1.0.5(EU) app renders ten minutes past midday as “00:10 PM” for the GMT+0 London timezone.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion in terms of the orientation.

There are others that are looking for this feature too, so you’re not alone ( ;

We have a new firmware version which should be pushed to your device very soon! It’s version 1.0.6.4!

Need to be able to set different motion sensitivity for Home and Away modes.

2 Likes