Wisdom teeth funny stories

Yesterday I had my wisdom teeth out and they put me under to take all four out. While I was waiting the assistant was telling me funny stories of patients reactions when they wake up some think they are somewhere else while others had crazy ideas like one girl thought they stole her tongue. I was wondering if anyone on here had funny stories like this and any suggestions or home remedies to help with my pain and swelling

I had all four out in one sitting a couple of years ago under sedation. When I came to I remember my mouth was filled with padding and stuff a minute later I was gone again!
I passed out from dehydration as I wasn’t allowed to drink anything that morning. That was the quickest I had ever gone to sleep mind you :joy::joy:

This was literally 12/13 days before Christmas and I had to live on mashed bananas and potatoes for over a week whilst the rest of my family was eating regular food around me. That part definitely sucked the most.

Whilst I was recovering, luckily Anker had a photography contest going on so that took my mind off the pain!

3 Likes

When I had done this it was a torture.
Of course after the treatment : Only “baby-food”
And I could not speak as well, this was relaxing for the others! :joy:

2 Likes

@fhassm the family was grateful for a break from my jokes and sarcasm :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I had mine removed when I was a teenager. In was my first time with anesthesia and I remember having no sense of the passage of time. It was like I had blinked my eyes. I remember asking the doctor, “well, aren’t you going to remove my teeth?” and him responding, “I already did!”. :joy:

1 Like

Had one removed while stationed in Korea, doc sewed my gum to my cheek (no idea why), gave me two Motrin and sent me home. 2 hours later i took a cab back, leaned over the desk asking for pain meds and blood poured out of my mouth all over the counter. Next morning (sunday) i was in ER from swallowing so much blood and couldn’t stand the pain. Doc accused me of going out and getting drunk (wtf?) and ripping my stitches. I denied it obviously. When he finally quit accusing me and got in my mouth he asked why my gum was sewn to my cheek… So he unsewed gum from cheek and fixed stitches like it was supposed to be done and all was fine.

Fast forward 8 years I’m in the VA hospital getting a filling, student dentist sticks tube of sealant in mouth to seal a filling, Tip of tube popped off and filled my mouth throat and beard with dental sealant. After they used gauze to try and get it all out, then rinsed what they could, the assistant reminded the student to get the tip of the tube out of my throat… I remained calm and just breathed thru nose trying to not swallow any of that crap. The student was beside herself with embarrassment and jitters. After they finished up i looked in mirror and my beard looked like I rubbed a glaze donut all over it and it was matted up and full of sealant. I canceled my star wars movie plans and went home and shaved my beard off.

2 Likes

I had all 4 of mine out in one go in hospital years ago. Took 2 weeks to be able to eat anything - then that was a cheeseburger from McDonalds, minus the bun as I could only open my mouth wide enough for the patty…

I remember having to wear the gown with no back and asking which end they were planning on taking the teeth out through!!!

What a story.
Regarding those experiences:
Whenever you come near a dentist’s practice:

Enormous outbreak of sweat! :cold_sweat: