Wireless Vertical Mouse - Freezing

Hi - I recently purchased a new Wireless Vertical Mouse and am having a problem I did not have with my initial purchase. Sporadically, but consistently, the mouse freezes while I’m using it. Initially it would freeze for a few seconds, but that has gotten worse over the past few days. As this has worsened, the only solution has been to re-insert the batters. The mouse is one month old, so I know this is not a battery issue. And I’ve already tried switching from a bluetooth keyboard to a wired one in hopes of eliminating interference (to no avail).

I’m hoping to understand if there’s a solution to this, or if I need to return/exchange

2 Likes

I know you said that the batteries (mouse) are only a “month old” but the first thing I would try would be to replace the batteries with new, fresh batteries anyways, just to rule out that possibility.

2 Likes

Are you using this with windows or mac? I ask because I know a few people have had similar issues when paired with a Mac. I would try new batteries as well as unplugging the receiver and putting it into a different usb port

2 Likes

Is there anything around computer / mouse that could case interference? Is the receiver fully plugged in? Tried moving it to different usb socket?

2 Likes

I have a Windows 10 machine and the same mouse and I get that freeze (not very often and my mouse is almost a year
old). I found its either fading batteries or Windows is being buggy. I usually changed the batteries out and restart the computer. You might send a message to support@anker.com and tell them what troubleshooting steps you have done and the serial number on your mouse. @AnkerSupport might have some tips and tricks to help resolve the freezing issues.

3 Likes

It does sound like you might have some interference, either from a USB 3.0 port, your computer’s WiFi (does it seem to happen when a web page loads or you start watching an online video?) or other nearby devices. I had a similar issue with my wireless mouse as well. I purchased a USB 2.0 extension cord and then mounted the receiver under my desk where the mouse pad sits. This resolved the issue for me.

3 Likes

@rhallquist, sorry to hear that the mouse freezes when you use it, you may try to re-plug the USB receiver directly into the USB port of the device instead of a hub. If the problem still persists, could you please contact us via our "support@anker.com" so we can assist you further?

We appreciate your time and looking forward your email!

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Sorry for the lag time (pun intended) in responding to this. I wanted to see how the product would respond based around the feedback received here.

I did replace the batteries, and saw an immediate improvement in the product for about 24 hours. After that, the same issues have returned - the mouse will hang for several seconds at a time before either jumping back to life or me removing/reinserting the USB receiver.

I may be encountering interference here, but that is an inevitability for how I need to use the product. I would need this product to work alongside my company WiFi or a bluetooth keyboard.

Is there a way to change the channel on the nano receiver to manage interference? Also, can somone explain the flashing red light on the inside (thumb side) of the mouse? I can’t find information about that.

Thanks for any help. This is my second vertical mouse, but the first time I have encountered these problems and they are becoming a deal breaker for me

1 Like

@rhallquist According to the user manual, when the battery is running low, the LED bar turns red and blinks every time you move the mouse. So with that said it could be why you are still experiencing stuttering /lag problems. I know you said you replaced the batteries, but could it be that they were used batteries and not brand new ones?

1 Like

Same goes for me. Just bought a new one, fresh batteries, plug/re-plug, turn on and off again. This is on a mac. The mouse hangs and freezes and is pretty unusable. I’m going to have to buy a different mouse I think. I’ve removed everything from my desktop to see if it’s an interference issue. I’ve tried different usb slots - you name it. I’m pretty frustrated right now.

1 Like

Hi did anyone find a resolution, i’m also on mac products and find the lag time is getting worse with my mouse.

1 Like

Aloha People, using the this mouse for the last few years, i noticed mine starts having issues when i’m working Computer hard. Playing a video Game on high settings, or intense video graphic work. Any chance this can be the cause?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Replaced the batter but still there is a freezing effect. I feel its the communication back the receiver. The distance does matter and maybe interference from other sources. Mine is about two years old and recently I have seen a lot of freezing. Time to buy another one. Maybe with a cord.

1 Like

I have the same problem with one of my anker mouse/mice. I have 2. One is working correctly and the other is working intermittently as described above. If I move the bad mouse within about 12 inches of the usb dongle, it works. Normal position is about 24 inches and the other mouse works perfectly from this position. Also, as above, if I change the batteries on the bad one, it works for 5 minutes or so. I am curious to know if the issue is with the mouse or the dongle. BTW, I love this mouse. I have ergo issues and cannot use any other type of mouse. I purchased my first one in 2015 and have purchased 4 over the years (lost one and gave one to the kids). I have used their keyboards too, loved them.

1 Like

Hi,
I have the same problem with my Anker 98ANWVM-UBA. I’ve had this nouse for one year. It’s been working great, and suddenly one day it started to lag dramatically in windows 10. At first I thought it was the batteries. So I replaced the battery. But it was still lagging. So I changed the batteries again. Same thing. The mouse simply freezes and jn freezes during movement. The USB dongle is only 30 cm away from the mouse.

I have another vertical mouse similar to the Anker, so I decided to test it to see if the problem was with my windows installation. The other mouse works fine, no lag at all.

So I’m really wondering what is happening with my Anker mouse and why all of a sudden it stopped working correctly.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my Anker 98ANWVM-UBA. The mouse staggers from time to time. No rhyme or reason.

I got it in November 2018 and had no issues for approx 1 year. Then it started flaking out.

I had it pluged into a KVM switch so I can change between my personal PC and my work laptop. I moved the switch (with the dongle plugged into it) to within six inches of the mouse and it still staggered. I tried plugging the USB dongle directly into the laptop - same thing. Plugged it directly into my desktop. Same thing. Changing the dpi setting has no impact on the stagger. It staggers for approx 3 seconds about 4-5 times per minute. I have replaced the batteries with brand new Duracells right out of the box. I have tried turning the mouse off and on again. Nothing I do prevents staggering.

It’s a shame because while it worked, this mouse was FAR superior than the prior vertical ergonomic mouse I had. I just can’t tolerate the staggering anymore. It has a significant impact on my productivity.

1 Like

My anker mouse started acting like a jerk, meaning it had a jerky movement that drove me crazy. I found out it doesn’t like to share the multi-port adapter with other USB devices on my MacBook. When alone on the USB port mouse is happy: what a jerk!:grin:

1 Like

My brand new mouse was also freezing on my MAC. Thanks to this forum I moved away from sharing the keyboard and mouse on a multi-port adapter and gave it now a single dedicated USB port while my keyboard is on another one. Everything works smooth now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I had exactly these freezing problems and I ended up moving the USB micro adaptor from the rear of the PC to a single port on the front of the PC. Much closer to the mouse and away from the noise of the rear of my PC. Now works glitch free even with nearly flat batteries.

1 Like

I also had what I call the mouse stuttering issue on my Windows 10 system. I also ended up moving the USB micro adapter from a group USB hub in the back to the front top of my computer into an individual USB outlet. The mouse now works perfectly. I have a second Anker mouse like this one on my ASUS Chromebook. I have never had an issue because I only have two USB C outlets on the laptop. One is used only for power, the other, my Anker mouse.

1 Like