Who thinks @AnkerOfficial should make BOLDER a part of their 5 companies? They could make all sorts of lighting

Who thinks @AnkerOfficial should make BOLDER a part of their 5 companies? They could make all sorts of lighting. Flashlights, flood lights, night lights, smart lights, and studio lighting? This would be cool, thoughts?

2 Likes

It may be tough to start new brands at this time, when there is economic downturn and pandemic situation.

Anker / Sister companies may be better off to use the existing brand name and brand value they have built overtime. Anker and Eufy brands already have them for Lightning. I think they already planned some new brand name for Security products ( my thoughts / anticipation), but were wise to use the Eufy Brand.

But things will change, eventually when things change, conditions improve, this might happen - some new brand for new product line.

It is a business, they may,make decisions which make better sense for them (& their share holders)

1 Like

Interesting idea, they already offer some flashlight and night lights and stuff. So I don’t see them acquiring Bolder any time soon

right now I would say no personally I don’t think bolder has a big enough name to make the branch out like soundcore did. I don’t think it would have as well of a known name for people to be willing to buy them. Maybe later down the line this would be great.

1 Like

I was just thinking they’d expand their BOLDER lineup and put it under its own name.

I definitely agree with this, Anker’s “home” products seem to fit the Eufy brand well.

Anker=Power/Charging
Soundcore=Sound/Audio
Eufy=Home “stuff”/Security
Roav=Car/Travel
Nebula=Projection/Media

I’d love to see some dedicated lighting products too- a desk lamp would be an awesome application for the already-amazing LEDs found in the Bolder flashlights. Different lineups of Bolder products (similar to Anker’s PowerLine, PowerCore) could diversify the brand a bit more, or associate Eufy with lighting as well.

Products and brands are different.

Brand is around having a logical connection to products “if I want product XXX, brand YYY probably does it” is the primary reason you create a brand so people who don’t know if you do a product at least look to do see if you do.

Products can obvious exist independently of brand and stand on their own merits. There’s no inherent reason if you want a product you must push a brand.