Which is your favorite Powerbank?

I purchased a PowerCore II 20000 a couple of months ago and have been very impressed with the power pack. I gave the PowerCore II 20000 to my kid as she needed one while at the University. Now I felt I needed something better so I ordered and now received the PowerCore+ 26800! I can’t wait to get this beast charged up and ready… Anyway, I would like to purchase one for each one of my two other kids and wife. What do you all recommend?

1 Like

Depends on the use and need.
Give us some more specifications.
So you will find a helping hand much easier.

2 Likes

Again, it depends on what you need it for… something small for emergency phone charging? Something big for charging multiple devices that are a bit more power hungry? It all depends. For me, when I’m out and about, I usually have either the PowerCore 6200 or the 10000 in my backpack. They are small and lightweight for when I want to play it safe but not have to carry a lot of weight. At home, I have several bigger power banks like the 26800. Another thing to consider is how you’re going to carry it. If it’s for your pocket, perhaps something like the 6200 or slim. The 10000 isn’t so bad neither for coat pockets. No matter what Anker power bank you get, I’m sure that you’ll be pleased it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Batterypacks depend on what’s being charged, some ph ok ne can utilize quick charge and others don’t. Then how many times you want to be able to charge your phone, portability and weight then comes into play. Theres no universal solution it’s all about your needs

1 Like

I have a handful of power banks. I keep one in the different bags I carry. But the one ones I use the most are the powercore 5000 and the 20100. The 5000 is used when walking around and need a small one. If I’m at the bar or at dinner I generally have the 20100 out and charging and my friends and family will charge off it as well.

1 Like

Qualcomm based Quickcharge compatible devices benefit from IQ2 or QC powerbanks, but that excludes iPhone and lower end phones, so you’d be wasting $ in some situations paying for QC.

For example in this family there is a low end Android phone cannot benefit more than 10W, a high-end iPhone but also does not benefit from Quickcharge, a low-end Iphone similar does not benefit, and a OnePlus with a proprietary charger also would not benefit, so across them there are a Powercore+ Mini x2, a Powercore 5000 and a Powercore Slim 5000, none of them matching what you like.

1 Like

I have a PowerCore 5000 and a 10400. I really haven’t needed anything bigger than the 5000 when I’m out-and-about all day. The 10400 was perfect on a longer trip back in September, though. Like pretty much everyone else said: just depends on what device(s) will need to be charged and how much those device(s) get used.

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies. I should have been more specific in the use. From the responses I am now looking at getting three slim 5000. I think that should be suffice for carrying in pocket or purse. These kids of mine will go out with 4% iPhone battery left and it just baffles me why they would do that. Thanks everyone!

Update… I found a PowerCore II 6700 which is much smaller and I think would probably be better for the family. Anyone have any input into this power pack? I’ve read the Amazon reviews and it looks really good.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Compact-Portable-Smartphones/dp/B07211V9XG/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1541854921&sr=8-1&keywords=PowerCore+II+6700#customerReviews

The trick will be making sure that the power banks get fully charged, too!

1 Like

There are many pb’s offered by Anker.
The more you give us some specifications the more we can help you.
Big family would require a pb with many outlets :grin:

1 Like

Actually, I have that battery pack. Don’t know why I said 6200 instead of the 6700. Guess I needed some coffee. Or maybe I have too many to remember them all. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I love the size of it. IMO it’s the perfect PowerBank for your pocket or backpack. 6700mAh is a nice size for EDC.

2 Likes

I own the Slim 5000 and the II 6700. Depends on how you intend to hold everything while recharging. The Slim 5000 better suits if you are holding the battery under the phone in your hand or in your pocket while recharging as it is flat and phone shaped. The II 6700 is a little more energy stored.

Mention of an EDC, well for someone not that tech savvy just give them a Powercore Fusion 5000, its “all you need” with just the 1 cable to suit their device, its not pocketable like say the Slim 5000 but its an all-in-1 which means you give that to a person and they use it without thinking. If they are in a place with a wall socket but they are not say next to the wall socket, they just plug it in and let it recharge. If they are in a place with a wall socket and they are next to it, they plug it into the wall and their phone into it and the Fusion will recharge the phone first then itself. If you’re not anywhere near a wall socket just plug it into your phone and you’ll get a full phone recharge. The issue with a Powercore is the user remembering to recharge it, the Fusion combines wit the charger and helps them not need to remember.

2 Likes

As mentioned by others it does depend on your needs and if your lucky you can find one size which fits all the family @dicejedi Below are my recommendations depending on your needs, portability and pure power requirements!

Anker PowerCore 5000

Anker PowerCore 10000

Anker [Upgraded] PowerCore Speed 20000

1 Like

Thank you all!!! I will be getting three PowerCore Slim 5000s. With all the responses I know a pocketable battery works best for my family, especially the form factor. I have a 26800 so that’s enough for family trips out but the slim 5000 works best when they are away at school. Once again thank you all!

4 Likes

Good you have chosen 3 pbs of the same model,
So there is no “conflict” ar all. :grin:

1 Like

Powercore 26800 would be my pick.

I personally like Anker PowerCore Lite 10000 for a few reasons:

1. It large enough to charge my phone a few times, so I dont have to recharge the powerbank everyday
  2. It sleek and lightweight, so doesn’t add pounds to my backpack :slight_smile:
  3. Trickle charge is really useful to power up low power bluetoooth earbuds.
  4. Its not very expensive so doesn’t burn a hole in my pocket
1 Like

Hi, I will probably just go with the PowerCore 20100 Nintendo Switch Edition. Only because i got the Switch and i love the fact that is Nintendo certified.

PowerCore + 26800 with dual input has the biggest battery and recharges in half the time thanks to dual input.