What products are on your wishlist for Anker to make next?

A GPS tracker similar to Tile would be great!

Anker has many Qi chargers and a car Qi charger is going to be released soon.

my wish list from Anker would be these

Product 1
USB type C cables should evolve into magnetic USB type C cables for the safety of the mobile ports

LIghning cable should evolve into magnetic Lightning cables for the safety of the mobile ports

Product 2

large power banks should arrive with built-in fast wireless charging for wireless capable devices attached with 2 or 3/ 5V 2.1A USB type-A ports

Product 3

large power banks should arrive with built-in fast wireless charging for wireless capable devices attached with 2 or 3/ 5V 2.1A USB type-A ports and having 2 different inputs such as lightning input and USB type C input in case of an emergency or have an alternative way to charge it

2 Likes

Why you like the cable have magnetic feature?

Hereā€™s a thought, As an adventurest/expeditionest weā€™re always searching for off the trail ideas. Iā€™ve been having trouble with my Viair compressor as its seen better daysā€¦ So would Anker be willing to create a portable air system which could be plugged into a power port or even a portable solar panel.

Along with this, why not have a power generator which uses the wind. A magnetic mount which looks like a small squirrel cage, could be placed on the vehicle while driving, the wind would be forced into the blades which turns a small generator leading to a small power bank or storage system, thus creating a recharging system or station.

Also, seeing how Iā€™m going to be purchasing a new camera, Iā€™ve always had issues with charging any camera Iā€™ve ended up with. The camera companies give you a box which the rectangle shamed battery fits into for charging. Iā€™m needed a new way to charge my batteries or a whole new battery for the Canon lineup.

Then there are ths issues of wanting to keep the photograpghs rolling without having to stop. Most cameras today, you need to shut off the camera, remove the battery, mount the battery int he charger and install an allready charged battery back intot he camera. Iā€™d like to have a system when if the battery does get low, I can simply a portable/mounted charging station to the camera and keep going. Sort of like the motorized advance setup with the old 35mm cameras.

but would this mean that Anker would have to create these types of new charging setups for all brands of camerasā€¦ I suspect so and may not be worth it. However, it seems that Anker has isolated themselves by create products just for the iPhone or so Iā€™ve noticed.

1 Like

The biggest problem with magnetic connectors is the connection between the tips and the cord. They get extremely hot and some can even burn you if you touch them. Heat has and is still the biggest issue for magnetic connectors, even the old macbooks with the mag charge cables got hotā€¦and heat at any charge point is detrimental

1 Like

Thankā€™s for the hint.
Of course I have such an oldie. :grin:

I will check this when I will use:
Only to ā€œfeedā€ my old IPOD and my old IPAD via ITUNES.

I could connect the IPOD and the IPAD via LINUX as well.
But sometimes it works, the other time failure.

Try & error, plug & pray! :smile:

Oh! Also Anker HDMI, Display port cables!

2 Likes

This isnā€™t so much on my wish list, but itā€™s something Iā€™d certainly buy if made available in the Anker brand:

Portable home phone with Bluetooth- so that I can use as a home phone and/or use it LIKE a home phone, but connected through my cell phone instead. That would be especially useful for times when Iā€™m charging my home phone, or when I want to talk on my cell without having to huddle into the one spot in my house that gets cell reception, being all of 2ā€™ square!

Now that Iā€™ve thought about it a second, itā€™s is on my wish list!! Get to it @AnkerOfficial :sunglasses:

1 Like

(Panasonic makes one, so it can be done!)

by having magnetic charges would prevent damage to the port

much faster to connect to the device

and it will help you with carrying less cable by having one cable that supports multiple tips such as USB type C micro USB and lightning cable have provided a link to by amazon that shows what I am trying to explain

ive had a magnetic charging cable for 3 years and still working perfectly

I have provided a link to the cable that I have been using

Thatā€™s great you havnt had any problems,but there have been numerous complaints and issues with people using those types of chargers. As I mentioned before, heat build up being the biggest complaint followed by slower charging speeds. You want this in USB-C? Then it must have a 56k ohm pull up resistor as to not draw more power than it should so it doesnā€™t damage your phone and this also adds to the heat issue.

1 Like

Cool idea!

1 Like

Agreed! Completely!

1 Like

Iā€™m just popping in to say my usual. USB-C socket audio. I did a day trip with my USB-C phone, my USB-C tablet and my MicroUSB Anker buds.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Totally agree. I keep looking for a charger like this for travel. Right now, I carry USB-A chargers, but with more and more hotels having native USB-A ports for charging, itā€™s the USB-Cs that I will really need (MacBook Pro plus fast charging for iPhone and iPad).

Powercore+ 2 Type C.
Powercore Fusion Type C, PD.
Retractable Type C Cables.

1 Like

I doubt youā€™ll see Anker make any kind of retractable cable. It would be nice but retractable cables fails to often for Anker to put their name on one. I like your other ideas though :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes