What I would like to see next from Nebula

I apologize if there is already a similar post or if there is information out about a future release that I have just not found yet.

I originally purchased a Capsule a few months back after receiving it and trying it out I realized how great it really was but the resolution and brightness were just not going to be enough for what I needed. So I returned the Capsule and bought a Capsule Max, which has exceeded expectations, the brightness and resolution is really impressive for a projector this small.

What I would like to is a 1080p projector with somewhere between 400-600 ANSI lumen brightness in a small form factor. Now I know a projector with those specs would have to be larger than the capsule series and but it could certainly be smaller than Mars series.

As for speakers I have seen a lot of comments about how a lot of users pair additional speakers and don’t actually use the built in speakers. I, for example, have 2 Motion+ speakers that I pair for stereo sound. So as far as the built in speakers go I don’t expect much, Nebula should just keep it simple.

Now for the ports and software, USB-C charging is a must and I would like to see max input somewhere around 60W, along with that not much more is needed other than an HDMI and USB-A port. As for software I like Android, I don’t personally have the beta software with google play but I’ve seen a lot of good reviews and would like that to see that come standard.

As for the little that don’t matter as much but would be nice would be to have either a lens shutter or a cover to prevent scratching. I have not scratched the lens in my capsule but I could see it happening. Also the remote that comes with both the Capsule and Capsule Max is terrible and I assume the one shipped with the other projectors are similar. Now I know having a remote with an IR blaster is the most obvious way to go and I don’t expect that to change but the build quality is below my expectations for a company like Anker. The remote that comes with the FireStick TV that I bought on amazon prime day for $15 is much better than the remote that comes with a $450 projector. The remote should have some weight to it, it should feel good in your hands and there should be a some click when you hit the buttons.

As for pricing I’d like to it around $600 but I could see the price as high as $700. I feel like the Capsule II was way overpriced for what you get being just under $600.

If you read through my entire post thank you. Feel free to comment on if you have any similar interest or if you think I’m asking for too much. Also feel free to point out in I made any factual errors.

3 Likes

I think the projector you have described is possibly the next generational step for Nebula, effectively a blend of the Capsule and Mars models.
Personally, the 720p Capsule II hits my ‘sweet spot’ for a casual, portable projector however there are many that, like you, want 1080p as a minimum and 500 ANSI lumens.
I don’t think you’ll get your desired ‘mute’ projector! Onboard speakers are definitely a Nebula feature, combined with ability to pair with external options.
I’m not too bothered about the remote. I tend to use the app but I get your point about the remote feeling a little light.
If I were to define my next Nebula upgrade, it would mirror your spec, but keep the onboard audio PLUS include a micro-sd slot to allow for extended offline, non-streaming use. Appreciate that this may be slightly old-skool but, for me, it would provide a more self-contained option vs. a compact USB-A drive.

1 Like

Great suggestions