What essentials do you carry on a daily basis?

Is that like a swiss knife thing?? Are they real everyday use or you only use it sometimes? I was thinking into getting one just in case, but what i found is that they are 200$+ the good ones

It varies day by day and depends upon where I am working or going:

For work:
5.11 All hazards Prime bag
SOG: Multi Tool (depends where I am working)
Powercore + 13400 (Soon to be swapping for the Powercore+26800 PD)
Assorted Anker Lightning Cables
1 random Micro USB Cable
Sennheiser Presence Bluetooth headset
iPad or MacBook Pro with associated cables

In the car:
Powerdrive+4 USB-C
Anker Powering 6’ lightning cable
Short Micro USB cable
Apple USB-C-Lightning cable
Lifeproof lifeactive windshield mount and my iPhone 6 which is now mainly a GPS.

All the time:
iPhone X
FiiO X5iii
Sennheiser earbuds

1 Like

It’s kinda like a Swiss knife, I prefer multi-plier.

Always gets daily use, whether at work or home. I work in IT in a secondary school so the pliers, snips and knife get daily use on boxes, cables, cable ties and the such. One hand opening for the pliers/cable snips, which comes in handy when up a ladder at the time :smile: and the scissor snips are tough enough to cut through a seatbelt…

Certainly one of the best investments I’ve made (£40) and still strong after 3 years…

1 Like

Good choice dude! I rock the covrt 18 everyday and sometimes have the rush 12 with me also. Dog is a great brand and the Mac book pro is a necessity

1 Like

I have my Anker Astro Mini with me at all times since the day I got it - which is also the I got to know Anker. And I get my music from an Anker SoundBuds Sport IE - soon to be replaced be the Liberty+. I also have 3ft a lightning cable in my bag and a 1ft in my car - which is constantly connected to the console for CarPlay. Whenever I travel, I carry all of the above - minus the 1ft cable - alongside a 4-port PowerPort2 and a PowerCore 10000.

I have another 3ft cable and a dual port PowerPort 2 at work.

I remember answering this in another post but don’t remember where it was.
But I always have my Powercore II 20k battery pack, powerline + Micro usb cable, my flashlight and my EDC knife

1 Like

Powercore 10k Slim
Anker 6ft Lightning cable
Spyderco Delica 4
Olight S1R Baton
Glock 19
iPhone 8

Nice knife! I was thinking into getting one like that, any one that you recommend?

May ask, whats the blue and red thing for??

I pretty much stay with Gerber, due to the patent one hand slide opening mechanism. Tried Leatherman before but found them to heavy and clunky for use in IT situations that call for them. There’s several Gerber models depending on the accessories you are most likely to use, knife, saw, snips etc.

1 Like

Those are filters for the light, allows you to use them in the dark so you don’t ruin your night vision among other things

1 Like

OH you are from military? Nice!

No, no military here. I tried to enter when I was younger but I had surgery to repair my ear drum so according to the military I am permanently deaf in my right ear and never got to serve

@ndalby ever try a SOG? I like Gerber too but SOG takes the cake

I am not of age to join yet but will not be able to due to RAD (reactive airway disease) :cry:

Sog multitool when I’m heading into a situation may need to do some handywork
Swiss multitool I keep in my work bag.
Leatherman tool which is TSA compliant I fly with
Swiss penknife with built in pen for daily pocket carry with keys
Leatherman tool for my bike bag
CRKT folding knife for when I need a serious blade.

None of these are EDC but I leave house always with one of them.

Isn’t that what edc is? Taking something with you whenever you leave the house to go somewhere and have it when it’s needed?

But I don’t leave every day with the same thing, but a different thing. So leaving walking the dog I have the little Victorinix, leave house on my roadbike I have the small Leatherman, leave on bike to to work have the large Victorinix, the folding CKRT tends to stay home, the SOG if I’m heading into a helping-hand task.

I think an EDC is meant to be Every Day Carry so its with you always.

Similar to Anker batteries, I take the Fusion 5000 into office, but say the 10000 on a short business flight trip, or the 26800 on a long business flight trip, etc. I’m always with one of them but it varies.

do you like the fusion 5000? Is it one of your favorites? I was thinking about gifting one or two to some family

Love/hate with the Fusion. I like it combined charger with battery so removes a cable but don’t like its size/shape it needs a good and accessible socket. So I take it in my work bag to office where I know its power sockets but don’t take on overnight trips to unknown places where I prefer say the Powerport5 which can better tolerate bad sockets.

Fusion makes maximum sense for non-geeks who simply forget or lose things, this is one item which recharges itself implicitly eventually after its recharged your phone. But for that it makes it heavy so falls out of weak sockets (hotels for example where the sockets are often aged loose) and in confined spots (like offices where the sockets are recessed in a desk or under floor).

I’d recommend as a gift to someone who is non-geek, absent minded type as its harder to make it non-functional.

“It’s all you need” if you gift it with one cable to match their phone type (Lightning, MicroB, C). I initially make up a bag kit with a small 12W dual socket charger with microB cable and their device cable and the Mini+ but I found the kit getting split up and the battery used and not recharged when next needed, so the Fusion removes a cable to lose and removes needing to remember to recharge it if you use it to recharge your phone.

Given the Fusion 5000 is now released 10 months ago, given they managed to shrink eventually the Powerport2, I see the Fusion due an upgrade, probably make it smaller and lighter.