What do you take with you?

I bring my PowerCore+ 10050, Anker Braided Nylon Micro USB, Galaxy S6, iPad Mini, and skullcandy headphones! For longer trips, I bring my camera backpack with all the rest of my tech toys.

On a normal day: LG g4, iPhone 5s, an anker battery, and wireless headphones. When flying, add an hp stream and my work laptop.

1 Like

I’m currently a student, so I always keep my devices up using a Anker 20,000mAh Portable Charger, a Anker 13,000mAh 2nd Gen Astro Portable Charger, and a assortment of Anker cables. The cables I carry are 2 3 foot long PowerLine+ micro usb cables, and 1 that’s 1foot. There are times, when I am able to keep my devices powered up for 3-4 days without plugging either charger into a socket, or charging them.

1 Like

I take me
Astro E1

1 Like

Do you mean all tech in general. I’m assuming that you are not really including accessories. You should either have iPad Mini 2 or 4, not 3. why waste your money on that $100 touch id sensor (that’s literally all apple added with that iteration). :frowning:

1 Like

Personally, I have a 4-6 inch cable for charging my phone with my power bank in my pocket. It’s great and handy. (AmazonBasics)

1 Like

I always have my phone and PowerCore Slim 5000.

1 Like

A fistfull of USB cables, a power pack, my Surface, my Mac Book, my QC wall and car chargers, a USBt hub, a couple of portable hard drives, and my Nexus cell. I am on the road a huge amount too, I spend a large amount of field time tethered to my phones hotspot or driving.

1 Like

I have two sets of tech: work/heavy rec and light rec.

The first consists of my huge Chrome bag and has 2 laptops with chargers, anker power core mini, Powercore 10000, a half dozen charging cables and an array of keys and cards. Total weight is about 20lbs.

The lighter rec bundle has a slimmed down card folio wallet, a Powercore mini plus, a very short micro USB cable, a small vacuum sealed pack with bandaid, tissues and a few other essentials in a satchel. Total weight around 4 pounds.

1 Like

Two PowerCore+ minis
My iPhone 6

2 Likes

my samsung s7, my SoundCore nano and my Astro portable charger

2 Likes

Is that the 5200?

1 Like

Yes, it is :wink:

2 Likes

Today I’m traveling for business and I have:

• OnePlus3T with its DASH charger
  • Google Pixel C. It is a 3A 5V input.
  • Anker Powerport4, it is a 2.4A max output but not far off the maximum input for the Pixel
  • One 5ft PowerLine+ USB-C for the Pixel to the Powerport.
  • Two short Soundbuds MicroB with the Anker MicroB USB-C adapters
  • short generic Anker MicroB
  • Anker Soundbuds Lite
  • Anker Powercore 26800

Mechanically the issue is distance from the wall socket. It varies between being right next you and a typical 3-5ft USB cable is sufficient, but if it isnt then you either have to much longer USB cable, or go with Powerport5, or bring an extension cable, or bring a big Powercore and take opportunity of any wall sockets. In this current trip I’m doing the last method.

Does Pixel C support PD?

Strictly speaking 3A 5V is not part of USB-PD and so I do not know what would happen if I connected a USB-PD charger, it might say as its not profile 2 or 3 of 4 it defaults to common denominator of Profile 1

So you see the problem, I have a non USB-PD Powerport4, it gives upto 2.4A 5V. I have metered my Pixel C and from a 3A non-PD charger it draws 2.6A, from a non-PD Powerport2 I draws 2.2A.

USB-PD is 2A 5V or 12V 1.5A and the Pixel C is not 12V 1.5A capable therefore it may fall back to 2A 5V which is lower than what the Powerport4 gives. So it might be the case I have a step backwards.

The negotiations to common denominator is my biggest concern. Ideally if it said it can’t do 12V it would then offer 5V 3A, not 5V 2A and let it draw what it needs.

We see this problem now with the Anker Speed systems, sometimes it negotiates a common denominator which is worse than other chargers.

Would the PowerCore+ 20100 provide any benefits?

No, and possibly a step backwards.

At present my 3A 5V input tablet, is best paired with a “dumb” Powerport or Powercore which just outputs upto a maximum, it is offering upto (product specific) 3A, 2.4A and its upto the device to pull from that maximum what it can handle.

If we have USB-PD chargers and non-USB-PD devices, then it becomes interesting puzzle. If they negotiate to common denominators it could be worse, could become 2A which is lower than 2.4A or 3A.

The net is you should pair like technologies they have more in common higher denominators.

1 Like

Lol i also do that to :grin: