Weekend activities! (old thread reanimated)

Haven’t been online as much the last few weeks/months - I’m missing those daily log in bucks :joy:

This weekend I shall be watching as much of the football as possible. Relaxing before a two week holiday to Spain with kids (which no doubt won’t be relaxing) at the end of the month.

On Thursday we took kids to a race day where they got to drove a Porsche round a track for a couple of laps (was a small Xmas present with soooooooo many hidden costs it almost became the main). I was tempted to join in but I didn’t wanna even attempt to try and fit in a Ferrari or Lamborghini. They did have “Eleanor” and a few other movie cars which sparked my interest - but with a holiday soon I was watching the pennies.

6 Likes

Yes indeed very peaceful and quiet.

3 Likes

Not a holiday, but a nice day out… A few hours out.

Jane n me, went to a local bike rally, to oggle at lots of chrome, and some rust buckets!
Of course it involved a coffee… With our medication, booze is not an option (esp for Jane due to cancer treatment). For me alcoholic drinks n morphine don’t mix well :confused::neutral_face::open_mouth:

4 Likes

I am officially homeless for over 2 weeks now and wandering in a minivan and moving between hotels and AirBnB.

We lost an item in a hotel and replaced via ordering and using an Amazon Locker in Salt Lake City, then headed north and figured we needed a few more items, so we asked our next AirBnB host if OK to deliver to their place, the ETA overlapped our trip. But we forgot that the post office will not deliver to an address with an unusual named person, so the package was never attempted to be delivered. Fortunately the host knew the phone number of the postal worker and it got resolved.

I have now today an Anker 3-in-1 cable. I have the issue of trying to enter a hotel with just enough gadgets for a night and a small 2 port charger and a cable for all out items, is a bit simpler and smaller.

Next weekend we’re in Wisconsin, then somewhere, then we’re booked to be in Nova Scotia, last weekend in New York, then the one after in Southampton England.

I am getting more minimalist as I move, today I found I could do with even less stuff, got myself down to 2 pairs of socks…

4 Likes

Went out to some local bar to drink a bit

2 Likes

Had a pleasant evening at SF… Peaceful, watching sailboats

6 Likes

Nice finding at the flea yesterday.
A fancy pendant in 835 Sterling.
Those were “en vogue” in the 1970.
Manufactured by Kordes & Lichtenfels Pforzheim

3 Likes

When ya moving to blighty?

2 Likes

Nothing like lazing on a Sunday, inside your bag!

2 Likes

Late September

2 Likes

Your Molly is a typical lurker Mac! :rofl:

1 Like

Well if ya ever make it to Bristol, you’ll have pm me, and I’ll meet ya for coffee.

1 Like

That’s very true, especially when treats are mentioned… She’ll come from wherever she is, and “poof” she is next to you, making noises for treats!

A bit like a real lurker :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Worked the fantastic Wales :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 v England on Saturday
Now no’1 in World :top:

Dads 71st Birthday yesterday. Since he had his hospitalisation in 2017 he’s not left the house much. And not left the house for a few months now. He’s physically fit etc but just doesn’t want to to go out so we all descended on him and had a fab day.

3 Likes

Your father is not much older than I.
Without moving out of the house I would go crazy.
Of course I am a little more slower than I was in “my young” days,
but we did really a lot of walking in our vacations.
Fresh, clean “sea air” is more than an elixir.
Would not like to miss it.

2 Likes

Well what should an old man do at the weekend except strolling around at the flea markets here.
I made a nice finding today.

Really not the normal knifes I buy and sell. :smiley:

These are those could be found more often here in München:

Are there any knife enthusiasts here around?

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

I really like knives. Especially hand created knives. It’s a hobby I’ve considered pursuing several times…

1 Like

If you go for old ones, you might do some findings.
Here in Germany in the old days there were some really fantastic manufacturers.

Today?
I would say PUMA is worth to take a look at.
But really pricey, sometimes I can catch one of these treasures at the flea.
But only sometimes. :wink:

1 Like

Yes yes, I love knives and have a nice collection of them.
At one point when I was younger I had over 300 knives, sadly I lost all of them when my car broke down in the highway in the middle of winter. Long story short I lost bother my collection and my car.
I started rebuilding here and there shortly after my son was born, but now I have only around 100 or so. My favorite is my automatic folder and my carbon fiber knife, my second would be an old deer antler lockable folding knife which I’m in the process of putting a new handle on.

Here is an old picture of a handful of ones I have. All my good knives and show pieces are packed away

3 Likes

Awesome! My best Are an actual combat dagger that someone gave to me (priced around $350- I am very grateful to them, especially since I don’t know them very well…), and a nice set of throwing knives. I also really like the classic KA-BAR.

1 Like