Weekend activities! (old thread reanimated)

I really don’t remember, got this long time ago. :smiley:
Still some treasures in the basement!

1 Like

A bloody good make of clocks n watches, and I think still going.

1 Like

Of course Mac…
What will happen to the Wakey after 50 years.
Wakey’s plastic will be eaten by a fish, if there still fish exist.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

You know me and my favorite hobby.
Strolling around at the local fleamarkets.
And I know that many of you, my friends, like cats.

Raul has a very "coached one! :rofl
And I suppose Mac is trying to get Molly to be a real “ninja” too

I got this one yesterday.
Pretty easy to keep.
As I care about my neighbour’s cats “Lizzy and Carlo” often ,
this Murano one is better to keep in our house.

2 Likes

Some news from vacations.
We are now at a little house quite 20m from the beach.
My wife likes swimming , I an old coward like to watch the sea only.
Today we were told that this old beast jellyfish
Portuguese Galley has shown up a lot.
Oho.
No more swimming.
Very dangerous to get in touch with.

1 Like

We painted rocks and hid them around our hometown this weekend.

You paint a rock, then include a little tag for people to post on facebook when they find them! There’s a whole little community of people doing this around the US right now. Many of the rocks have positive messages on them encouraging people to strive for the best life they can live.

49%20PM

It’s a fun new thing - the kids love it! Has anyone seen this around your town?

2 Likes

This weekend is the first of 8 weekends in a 2 month trip across USA and Canada then via sea over Atlantic to UK.

Yesterday we woke facing the beach in Oregon and today we’re driving across to Idaho.

In the car is the Powerdrive Duo IQ3 to keep my Huawei tablet charged and my OnePlus, the IQ3 does recharge my Powercore 10000 PD at full speed. Also have Powerdrive 5 for buds, iPhone.

For overnight have the Power strip Cube by bed.

3 Likes

Photos didn’t upload

1 Like

Yeah I know, bad cellular in the mountains. I’ll try tonight when on WiFi

1 Like

Sounds very similar to geo-caching or old fashioned letter-boxing.

2 Likes

Saturday, had a fun day with daughter n granddaughter and of course Jane
We had to go round the city center looking for bears in Windows … The local wildlife place n zoo, now have a bear enclosure.

Jane went in to hosptital today for an op on her throat, as she has throat cancer. Will be going into hosptital later to see how she is and hopefully take her back home.

3 Likes

I like that photo.
Two real characters.

ALL THE BEST for Jane!!!

2 Likes

Thank you my friend.

Her op went well, and they took a few more biopsies.

2 Likes

Fine.
Those are quite good news.

2 Likes

My friends recently showed me a video that had me laughing out loud and I wanted to share it with you. I figured this would be the best thread to do that on. Enjoy and Happy Friday! :smile: :rofl:

2 Likes

I wasn’t chuckling, more… Twitter ye not or lol

Sounds n seems legit tho!

I remember my first use of a APPLE MACINTOSH COMPUTER, it was an all in one thing… May 1992 (ISH, could have been April… It was a long time ago). Compared to the Winchester 100 I was using in the PCs, it was a god send!

I was doing my first ever computer course, as before march that year, I’d never used a computer (I’d join in as a kid with friends playing on an Atari after they’d set up) but until 1992 I’d never.looked at a PC, but I wanted another skill set, as I didn’t have any formal qualifications at that point.

I’d rebuilt, and built challettes, mainsed up mobile homes (rewired, replumbed, new gas line, and connect to all mains underneath) and when one of the trailers fell on my back cos the jack slipped, I had to look for new skills… So three years after 2 accidents, I did the course.

Between that accident, and a bad car crash (I was a passenger) I was the main maintenance person for a hostel… Changing an old hotel into a hostel… Swapping the stinky girls toilet, to a girls shower/bathroom n toilet, making extra shower rooms and ventilation.

Then after 1992, I moved to more office type jobs.

1 Like

I’m still touring across USA. I’m in Montana now, and Sunday heading east to South Dakota.

I’m using dual Sim OnePlus6 on Tmobile and ATT to keep a signal, and using a 8.4 LTE tablet with me for Secondary device and a 10.8 LTE for evening media.
Pretty much no power issues, Powerdrive in car, a Cube for night and barely using Powercore.

Next weekend should be in Canada, the next two unplanned then last weekend in New York.

3 Likes

Just got back from some vacations, last Thursday.

This is the view from our little house we rent usually at “Ilha do Sao Jorge”

Quite close to the sea.

This is the view from the little bar quite close (50m)

This is the view from the bar to the “next” island “Ilha do Pico”

4 Likes

Looks like it was a comfortable and peaceful vacation… Great photos!

2 Likes