We Love Testing | Upcoming Testing Events

We are all kids at heart.
Problem is our minds tell us we are old!

2 Likes

I think its our bones that tell us that we are too old lol :bone: Not as nimble as we used to be.

2 Likes

Meanwhile I am at the point where I have to download an app. ( I dont like those apps at all )
WHAT WiLL A neanderthalean LINUXER DO? Why apps?
(shhttt …I got an old Samsung, may be I will be successful)

1 Like

Oh and my back.
Some days i wake, get out of bed and my back is aching. I have no clue why or what i done, it just aches.
Thats how I knew my body was past its best :grimacing:

1 Like

Yes I remember that one :slight_smile:

My issue is not my capability to test these. I can do great job on that with my expertise with batteries.
Rather it is due to time issues since I’m very much busy with my work and possibly moving to a new state soon. Keeping that in mind it’s best that I don’t apply for this one.

So I’ll post the screenshots so its never forgotten. It was this one.

https://community.anker.com/testing_club/detail/b-powerexpand-b-direct-7-in-2-usb-c-pd-media-hub

There was no need to give to someone with a bad test plan, plenty applied

So there you have documented proof there are tester applications:

• from people who apply without a true need
  • who’s test plan was insufficient
  • who didn’t get checked by Anker
  • who got a product they could not use.

3 Likes

Lol yes I remember that “review” :joy:

2 Likes

I just had to look to see if it was because of lack of test applications…

NOPE! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I have applied for Flare 2, PowerConf, and now PowerCore III 10000 Wireless, not selected for either… was strongly considering PowerExtend 12 Strip, but didn’t end up applying.

@professor, an idea for the third iteration, remove the raised circle!

I am in a treatment of my physiotherapeut since about 20 years.
The whole thing can not be “repaired” an “old doc” said, but the status can be kept,
That is what we did. GREAT!

Well done @professor thats the one!

That (applying for a product that they CANNOT use) really ought to ban them from testing another product for 1 year.

2 Likes

Download

2 Likes

Harsh but fair @onstar
Its easy to make mistakes. But seeing a product and writing a testing plan would surely make you realise its not for you. Wouldn’t you think?
It just a blatant “i want anything if its free” attitude which is a shame as someone could have given that a real test and benefited from owning it afterwards.

2 Likes

This can happen, some kind of greediness.
But we will not be so severe. :wink:

1 Like

In this case it’s a mix of an inactive member applying without due care, and Anker’s fault as the tester openly said they didn’t have a Macbook. But in general either the tester has lied and not found out, or had an inadequate test plan e.g. in this case “I will test on my MBP 2107 model” , and Anker didn’t qualify out.

Put the boot on the other foot, if you were Anker, had to read 99 test plans, would you be error free?

What if say those who community members had NOT applied were asked to double check the test plan?

2 Likes

Its certainly a tough one @professor

Although if Anker are asking people to write a testing plan they should be reviewed.
I’m not sure if asking for our help to proof read would be the right thing to do, although i would find it great fun. We all have our own testing methods and i think we would be biased to that.

If the Testing Club events continue to attract lots of entries maybe Anker should outsource their marketing promotions for the Testing Club and step it up and gear.
Maybe initial screening - you set up a profile, what you like, what you want to test, what other tech you have and register your social media accounts etc etc.
Then as Testing Club events come up, those that profiles fit automatically gets added, and for those that don’t and want to enter they can supply supporting evidence they would be a suitable candidate?
Maybe shortlisting “x” amount of reviews which are then sent to Anker for a final decision?

This may make things appear fairer for those that enter but rarely get picked and maybe reduce the quick couple of paragraph write ups and a hastily took photo.

2 Likes

There are other examples of error by Anker not in the public which do point to inadequate vetting, a 2nd or 3rd pair of eyes is usually what I’d use if there’s is a heap of work, nobody is perfect, and having to check 99 or even 918 testers will trip anyone up, so why just add a fresh pair of 2nd eyes, peer reviewed we usually call it.

One way to keep error down is pick regular community members, but exclusively as it then becomes an echo chamber.

2 Likes

I tried first steps for the NEBULA ASTRO test.
Found some cons.
Will publish those of course!

Now I need a cable HDMI -> HDMI (male)

(Will ask my neighbors . Buying one is waste!)
I , and you all got sacks of cables stored. But if you need a special one -> NOT available) :smiley:

2 Likes

If you were local i would post you an HDMI cable, i have loads!