We Love Testing | Upcoming Testing Events

I haven’t applied for a We Love Testing since January, so it would be nice to see something that interests me this round!

Haven’t been selected since last June.

1 Like

I would love to see something nice and useful that they come up with soon. Mostly because the sooner they start, the sooner we get the product and start testing. With the semester starting soon, I would love to test and write review during my off time.

Have never been selected so would be nice to get picked for the first time :joy:

1 Like

I never will take part on these testings if I am not able to do a proper test.

Some “testers” are only greedy to get something free, not knowing what to do with it after
receiving -> Result : “Unpack test”

4 Likes

Last item - 18W PD charger - I own, applied
Before - 45W laptop DC cable- thought I did not own, did not apply (but subsequently found I did own)
Before - wireless pad - I did not own any wireless charging devices, did not apply.

etc

But when you do, as I do, look at the reviews, or lack thereof, significantly there are those receiving testing units who either do nil testing, or just unbox and say vague “good”.

e.g.

5 Likes

“I received the box but don’t know how to open . NEED HELP!” :rofl:

4 Likes

9 testers

4 reviews

And see this…

So someone:

• did not know what they were applying for
  • applied for it, Anker agreed
  • could not even test it.

Point proved.

The error in this case I don’t fault the user, it looks like an insufficiently technical person, but their test plan, the lack of a “I’ll test using the MBP I own” is the gap in the selection decision making. I accept that these testing units cover a complex set of technologies, the user may not know it will not be a fit to their ability to test, so why Anker has the request to submit a test plan - the review of the test plan is the error trap, which fails. You then also have users simply lying, harder obviously for Anker to test, but in the last one, even there was an obvious disingenuous user.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that not many testing results were posted on here. Checked and saw that I recognize only 3 people in the UK charger testing and there were a couple people who didn’t post their reviews yet

They dont have to post review here, they only have to go to the testing page and post the link.

https://community.anker.com/testing_club/rules

Devil’s advocate is that you deliberately don’t want all community members as they want to touch the most diversity. For the last test, I was the first to review, but by the 4th review we had already a diverse and consistent combined view and so 15 all community reviews would probably do little additional. I don’t use Facebutt or Twittard so selecting people who do use those gives Anker the most product awareness benefits.

To test the humility, using a non-tracking search, I’m 5th.

2 Likes

Definitely agree that it’s annoying when the review is just them saying “I like it” cause to me that isn’t even like the minimum effort of giving the specs and how well it works and everything like that

2 Likes

Yea that’s true but I would think maybe people would at least create a thread letting us know they posted a review and provide a link on it for us to check out. I honestly didn’t even know that we can check all the reviews from the testing club page until I went to see who all got the chance

2 Likes

Yea for sure lol. If you just wanted a free product and don’t care about anything else, you can’t just copy and paste some specs and put general info

2 Likes

Seems you are a Neanderthalean also! :rofl:

2 Likes

I owe a review for the Flare 2, right around when I got it alot of stuff happened between all of us getting sick, then my knee, then my wife falling off the dock at her job and then me having surgery and now recovering. Its been a world of mess, everytime I try to get my review together im either ill feeling or something else happens or is going on. I promise @AnkerOfficial it is coming and I will post it, so sorry its taking so long

I swear at the end if 2020 I’m gonna scream Jumanji at the top of my lungs and hope it all ends, 2020 is just a bad year all around.

1 Like

Heads-up to interested members, New product for testing

PowerExtend 12 Strip

Power all of your devices via 12 AC outlets

Hope to see some good testing… And not just the unboxing :grin::sunglasses:

Yup saw that and was wondering how do you really test these :joy:. Not gonna take part just because I don’t know what test to conduct

Surprised.

It’s a dumb 12 port power socket. There’s almost nothing to test. It’s a works or doesn’t work test only. This one is just free stuff for 30 USA people.

No need to do this one, I’ve already written it.

Test Plan: I plan on plugging it onto the wall and see if it works. I plan on plugging multiple powered devices to it and see if it works. I’ll report back if it works or not.

Review type 1: The unit came in a well packaged blue box. Inside is the 12 socket extension cord, it has a 3 prong socket, a rocker on/off. It looks well made. I plugged it in and it worked. Thankyou Anker for the test.

Review type 2: Unfortunately where I wanted to use this, I only have a 2 prong socket so I was unable to test. Thanks anyway.

com-add-text

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. I guess I’ll sign up to test this one, since I’ll actually use it lol. I need a powerstrip in my bedroom.

1 Like

Yeah this is just a giveaway under an alias of a “test”.

Doesn’t cost any Powerbuck, takes tiny efforts.

2 Likes

Are you guys saying that no wants to try to get hit by lightning :cloud_with_lightning: to see if the surge protection works? :laughing:

1 Like

ok, a test plan.

I plan on connecting my $3000 4K 200" flatscreen TV to this. Then I plan on inserting two nails I hold into the live and earth pins in the product’s sockets, and turn on power. I will then measure, observe, if the Anker product flicks the power off before my TV sets on fire. I’ll report back with photos. I look forward to receiving a $29 value product for free to test this.

hydraulicspneumatics_2126_dont_try_home_logo

4 Likes