We Love Testing | Upcoming Testing Events

Sounds like a dud cable unit. The HP wants 19.5V, the charger is 20V so if you have more than (Ohm’s Law 0.5V/2.25A) 0.2 Ohms then the voltage drop may be making the laptop not accept.

If its loose then that is the most likely cause, you’re losing voltage due to resistance in the adaptor-cable connection. Other laptop types, say 18.5V, would be more forgiving.

My bet - dud unit shipped.

1 Like

Yea, the current charger brick/middle piece does say 19.5V…damn, do we get the chance to get a replacement for I love Testing?

You’d think so!

Listen, if you ensure the laptop is fully charged so it never draws 2.25A, but say 1A, then (Ohm’s Law V=IxR) you’ll get less of a voltage drop from a badly made setup.

Laptop off, fully charged from HP charger, move to your 45W PD + cable, power on - that may then mean the BIOS Post passes the power. It’s an imperfect hack, but may work.

Hopefully one of the testers have meters to test the Voltage drop.

1 Like

I see what your trying to do there, smart! Yea, my laptop was about half full when I tried, so I will do that and see if there are any other features I could change to drop power consumption. TY. I gtg for today, I’ve been at work since 7:00am and bak again tomorrow. Seriously @professor TY for all the help. On a lighter note, I also got my 10000 Hybrid from the Power User page today too, it’s cool than I thought. One thing I didn’t think about, it can charge my L2P case, wirelessly, cool!

1 Like

Real quick, why is this more expensive than this one?? GaN vs not GaN?

It isn’t at the moment, click on the black version its on discount today. $26

I have a theory they’re shifting stock prior to announcing 85W charger next month. Let’s see how good I am at predicting…

1 Like

Ok, now u r haunting me. This is at least the 3rd time the page has presented this reply as “New” to me…oh btw did everyone know there was a Dark-Mode for the Forum and if so how long have I been burning my retinas! lol

1 Like

Seem to be haunting a few people, just like a few users are haunting mine :grin:

1 Like

I just saw the notification for this reply and I was like “this better be a new one!” lol

UPDATE: It’s WORKING!!! I’m so happy. Little tweaking and it works! Let the Testing begin!

1 Like

How? Make a better contact? Tin foil?

1 Like

Bundling.

I think there should be a bundled option so users who are not geeks get something which works, but I’m against bundling for myself as I prefer to pick.

For example to keep wall socket use to minimum, I prefer 2 socket chargers so I’d prefer a dual 45W + 10W to charge laptop and phone at same time.

I reckon a 60W+15W dual is coming soon it would be a good match for this cable.

1 Like

Yes options are good and easy

So the experience you had with having to fiddle to make the cable work, combined with Anker baffling decision to not sell with all the plugs makes for a prediction of bad reviews.

If you sell one purchasable product with a detachable end, it will cause connection issues and risks being lost. So if this were the only thing you could buy then might as well weld it to the end.

If instead it is detachable, that weakness must be exchanged for flexibility and so come with all the plug ends.

I think as they are currently selling it is worse of both worlds, both fixed to laptop type and prone to fiddle and loss.

A laptop needing 19.5V is going to require the highest standard of electrical connection, at end of a USBC port, 6ft cable, to add the resistance of a fiddle connector will not survive many months of use. You’ll see reviews of folks saying laptop flat as they moved the laptop and hadn’t noticed the fiddle loose problem.

Bring forward good engineering above marketing!

1 Like

Well my review will be in 2 parts. One part that reviews the cable as is and how it performed. Second part will be is the cable, as is, worth it and that’s where it’s gonna get some bashing because of mostly the reason you said. But hey, compared to carrying around my laptop charger, which is small to begin with, this thing is a whole other level of portable.

You passed him off to me!

@AnkerOfficial See your inbox

1 Like

what_she_said_office

You don’t want to get me started. This is supposed to be family friendly :joy:

AAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA!!! It’s driving me NUTS!!!