Using Roav Bolt without Google Assistant

Update: Using Bolt without Google Assistant
Roav Bolt worked just fine without Google Assistant. The only issues that I see is display lights on the Bolt.
When Google Assistant is not installed or paired the 4 LED’s keeps on looking (faint Red color cycling) and don’t turn off or turn Green (as seen during phone calls or voice mail playback).
For now even though I don’t use Google Assistant, its best to keep it installed and paired to have the display lights work correctly. Other than that No issues whatsoever with calls or music audio transfer through Bolt. Looks like the initial hiccups are fixed :slight_smile:

So I have been using my Roav Bolt for about a little over 2.5 months
my review link

Lately in the past month or so the user experience has improved a lot and I mean A LOT…
Now the calls get routed correctly through the Bolt and I can pick up the call correctly through the Bolt.
Sound quality for music and calls are top notch with no ground loop noise at all :slight_smile: YAY!!!

I also found that since I don’t use the Google Assistant that much, I can turn it off and Bolt still works great for music and calls. Today I’ll try to remove it from my Google Assistant and will see how well it works with simple bluetooth connection to my iPhone. Will update after doing it.

1 Like

I honestly haven’t used it much lately… I’ll pull it out soon and do a software update and try it out!

Mine kept disconnecting from my phone, I was tired of repairing and haven’t used in weeks…

This is exciting and I’ll have to try again. Do I need to do any firmware updates?

I really don’t use mine much anymore its plugged in and almost never use it for anything for making voice calls. I will occasionally use to read text messages or sending text messages.

Latest is 0.5.16 version