UPDATED 21/05/2020 Anker Bolder LC30 Review

I own the LC130, it’s only good use is light up a room on it’s end, portable bright room light. Has no focus and outdoors it is just a big bright wide beam which (I imagine) annoys everyone. I’d say a phone and the current LC40 is probably 90% of problems solve.

Let’s put it this way, I have a broken arm, I am putting my EDC in a small bag on my good side, it’s an umbrella, Buff (now called a “face mask”), keys, cash, phone, Powercore and a cable, I don’t carry a flashlight. In winter when I was doing a lot of DIY in rooms with broken lights, I put the original LC40 on a belt sleeve. Check out the belt sleeve, they solve a few storage problems. You can make them, I’m sure using common materials.

1 Like

Maybe I won’t get it after all

Hey @Imo_Iri
Well I’m pleased you got inspiration from my review.
Your dad will be super pleased with a Bolder :+1:t2:

If you doing a lot of DIY work often a headlight is not bad.

What a neat and simple idea @professor, thanks for letting me know about it.
Holding the “spicy drink” particularly caught my attention :wink:

2 Likes

More useful in summer when you don’t want weight of a backpack to sweat on back, so not so often for a flashlight.

1 Like

*flashlight

Other then that it’s a pretty solid review :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks very much :+1:t2:
Ill let you have “flashlight” @TechMan :grin:
Hope you are keeping well.

1 Like

We call Andrew now the “FlashMan” :rofl::rofl:
reminds me on

1 Like

This song is great!
I first heard it on American Guy :rofl:

1 Like

OK connect these then:

1 Like

I made sure I “liked” it first so he would at least get that notification. Honestly I forget about all the features this forum is capable of. Like when I coded a post. Only forum I know that you can do all of these extras on.

Yeah I agree, for me my phone flashlight is enough.

3 Likes

EDIT / UPDATE
Hey all, after trying to confirm if the LC30 needed a flat or button top 18650 battery they confirm ed this torch IS NOT 18650 compatible.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I thought, AAA only.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this update @paulstevenewing

1 Like

18650’s are just a bit too long, @zjjjjj has tested his.
Let’s see how long it takes for Amazons description to be updated.
Amazon.com never mentioned it, just .co.uk

But I knew it wasn’t, so the error crept in later.

Really @professor?
Not that you were obliged too, but a shame you didnt mention it in your comment on my post for help.

May have cancelled the order or gone for the LC40.

I was recollecting and assumed the material saying 18650 was correct and my memory incorrect. Perhaps I should have said “are you sure?”.

It only mentions AAA here

and in the reviews says not 18650…

1 Like