UPDATE Soundcore Wakey Wakey Review

An Alexa or Google integrated Wakey would be the best

1 Like

I think it would be a good addition although I bet there’s lots of licensing hoops to jump through.

1 Like

I think the best addition to future mains powered sound devices would be to be internet connected instead of Bluetooth.
It’s instant and easier than selecting Bluetooth devices every time.

Good review but have to agree with some of the others in that the power supply is seriously clunky!!

1 Like

Hey Fiona
Clunky and chunky.

Indeed it is!

1 Like

@TechMan @ikari04warrior @Shenoy @Chiquinho @star100x @Nhi @Thanuj_Fernando @SZak2015 @andrewGholden374 @Duane_Lester

Not sure if you guys get notifications hence tagging you into the update.

Here’s some pics of the brightness of the clock LED’s.
The below is a close up picture of the LED at high and low brightness.

The below is a shot from the bottom of the bed on high and low brightness.

3 Likes

It needs to get used to.
I have an old one with red digits, very comfortable.
To find my way out of the bed ,my LUMI shows me where to go! :smiley:

1 Like

I think red would make a good colour.
I don’t need Lumi, I have Wakey :rofl:

1 Like

You could use the Wakey as a torch if you can change the brightness without app.

1 Like

Thanks for the pictures. That definitely seems like it could take some getting used to.

1 Like

It will definitely take some time to get used to, of the brightness of the display at night :bulb:

1 Like

Wow!! Thanks for the pics… I am liking your review more, it actually provides details on what a user goes through while using a device… all the good and the ‘not so good’ features…

Is there an option to reduce the brightness?.

The color of light needs to be more warm or dull / Dim yellow and not Day light bright.

For me, this is definitely too bright ( my personal opinion)… makes me ever more not to buy it… I have put a piece of tape on all smart plus which emit blue light… If I had one of wakey would need a bigger tape or may be a removable Velcro tape :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

However there is always someone who has a need for such awesome devices… Will skip this version and hope to get on the next Upgrade for Wakey with all the improvements.

1 Like

@Shenoy
Yes, after using the product for a while I wanted share and update the review.
I intend to update further if I Try to use the button features instead of the app.
I hope @AnkerOfficial doesn’t sees this as being too negative or critical, I don’t want to get black listed or something :flushed:
The lowest and highest brightness is shown in the picture. It’s hard to get a good representation in photos using a mobile phone.
I think you are correct, perhaps a soft/warm white would be better. Although the cool/bright white looks good during the day and matches the brilliant white of the exterior.
And yes, an awesome device it is, just with a few niggles that need addressing in futures updates.

2 Likes

@paulstevenewing I think you are good here, providing honest reviews and feedback, which eventually benefit the @AnkerOfficial Anker Product design team to make changes in future iterations.

2 Likes

Wow! That light is super bright! I think if they would have marketed this as a night light as well then a bigger user base might be had for kids, for those scared of the dark etc… I would love a Wakey but as @paulstevenewing said it needs to have the digits soft/warm white.

1 Like

Hey @dicejedi
Who needs a Lumi if you have a Wakey!
Two for the price of one.

1 Like

Thats funny!!! I have a set of the new Lumis and I think the Wakey is just a tad bit brighter! :laughing::grin::rofl:

1 Like

What do you think of the Lumis?
@Chiquinho has them and like them.
What type of batteries do they use and do they last long?

1 Like

I have the new version and I love the lumis! The light is soft but bright enough to illuminate enough space to see. I use one in my bathroom and with the sensor it works just awesome. I go in and it turns on, I leave and a couple of seconds later it turns off. In my bathroom I have one of those lights that has a built in fan, which both turn on with one switch. Can’t disable the fan. Anyway, the lumi works fantastic instead of using the light/fan combo. I can clearly see me not peeing on the floor!!! Oh, it uses AAA batteries and it last a long time. I’ve used mine for about 5 months now and same batteries.

1 Like