[Upcoming Release] PowerPort Atom III Pod 65W | Anker's First Charger with PPS!

Announced last October, Anker is finally preparing to release its first charger with PPS… Take a look at PowerPort Atom III Pod 65W!

Specs

• 65W USB-C PowerIQ 3 Output
  • Gallium Nitride
  • Programmable Power Supply
  • Product Dimensions: 2.7 * 1.2 * 1.8 inches (about 9% smaller than PowerPort Atom III 60W (One Port) :slightly_smiling_face:)
  • Item Weight: 4.6 ounces

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerPort Atom III Pod 65W will be available to order soon from amazon.com. Feel free to speculate on what you think the cost might be.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s first charger with PPS? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

4 Likes

Seems an US model.

2 Likes

Well that is definitely an interesting shaped charger.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

1 Like

Wow that’s so going to want to fall out of a lose wall socket. They had to put the hinge on the short side?

Will work well in office desks where plugs often recessed, hole facing up and not worn. But hotels, hole facing side and more worn… good luck.

1 Like

Interesting design. I’m a fan of it going taller instead of wider when it’s plugged in so it won’t cover other outlets.

1 Like

Is it really going to be that wide? If it is, I’d see a problem with keeping it from falling off the outlet.

1 Like

Nice, looking forward to seeing how it looks in real life since it kinda has a weird shape

1 Like

It’s actually not that much longer than Anker’s largest wall chargers. The other dimensions are smaller, though, which can be deceiving.

1 Like

The shape itself is bit concerning, if it might fall off from the power socket… and yet another 1-port device… Big deal breaker, any day :slightly_frowning_face:

This is a No for me… But there may be a market for it!

1 Like

The good is the choice. Different contexts of devices and the wall socket location. More Wattage = larger, so then either you make it long off the wall to make it narrow to not block other sockets and so it will fall out in worn sockets, or make it hug the wall, drop down, so it then blocks other sockets.

The bad is the choice. People not knowing what exists, confusing product names.

It’s like you need a community to help buyers figure it out.

I do wonder if this narrow vs hugging can be solved with a better folding pin design. Imagine if the hinge was on a corner and you can flip it one way to fit confined recessed sockets or flip the other way to fit loose sockets. So design, think, away the inherent conflicts. So not a 90deg rotating pins, but 180deg rotating pins, you move to make a long or short wall protruding.

Patent pending.

1 Like

I’m exited about this as I have a 65w usb c laptop. I’m hoping this spawns a slim desk charger with a additional usb c or a ports for charging.

2 Likes

UPDATE

This will be Anker’s first charger with PPS!

That’s a great news and update @Insider :+1:

Is it also PD charger? (I believe it is :roll_eyes:)

just as information - PPS or Programmable Power Supply allows for the the charger to output variable voltage instead of the fixed levels of 5V, 9V, 12V, 15V,… This gives flexibility to PD chargers :ok_hand:

1 Like

No if you look carefully

It has same shape of a clip in insert like the other recent one.

Question is will they sell it with all the plugs? They should.

1 Like

I would prefer an option with and without the plugs.

SO like a travel edition?

1 Like

I really would prefer this with a standard socket for a standard C8 power cable (like the PowerPort Atom III Slim), because I often need to run a cable to my charger when on the road. Please Anker release them like that in future!

2 Likes

C8 implementations I also like.

Idea:

• for this idea

Make a fourth type of attachment which looks like this:

Then all Wall socket chargers work in all countries and add a C8 cable length of choice and then work everywhere also as a desk charger.

You can then travel and use Wall charger mode where socket nearer or swap out to the C8 slide-on and cable and you have a desk charger in seconds.

Anker, Paypal $1B me for the idea. Or whatever cash you have handy.

Because for any given wire thickness, the power losses from AC wall power is less than USB, you’re going to carry less total wire to use a C8 cord and short USB than a wall charger and longer USB. More performance, less cost.

2 Likes

Perfect idea to attach such a socket.

Bildschirmfoto

2 Likes

UPDATE

This will cost $39.99 when it is released on Amazon later this month or next…

1 Like