[Upcoming Release] PowerCore III 10000 Wireless

But its dangerous.
You construct a pile of items, produce a certain quantity, think about were is the best place to sell, throw these into that market, pray :smiley: and see what is happening.
If the consumer takes it, its fine, if not, it will disappear after that first launch.

But is there a perfect controlled quality before launching?
Is this variety of products really perfectly tested?

Questions! :thinking:

1 Like

The first wireless Powercore was no development effort, threw together a weak charger and weak wireless loop, and then see if it sells.

If there’s this new one, then that could indicate the first one sold well enough and feedback was… (PD in…).

The Qi and the PD standards are viewable, as are the chip designs if you can find a tear-down.

The Qi standard states the negotiation is one time, the phone decides from what is offered how much it takes. So the phone decides its own overheating. So one phone could decide to get itself hot and the poor pad transmitter had to lump it. That means Anker has to either offer a low Wattage or must invent a thermal throttle. Anker has always done thermal cutout, if too hot it turns off, but they not yet done thermal regulation where it turns off and turns on at a lower power and when cold then turn off and turn on at a higher level. That logic I doubt is here yet.

PD version 3 with PPS does allow for thermal throttling at either end but PD 2 doesn’t so it would need the logic added.

1 Like

This would be amazing to have. I would be able to store my phone while charging without worrying about cords breaking.

1 Like

I think the certification even though dated this week is probably for the older original model. It is 10W, but only 10Ah, it seems to me? I am seeing it has the hardware for 10W but the image looks not like the newer PD one…

https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/9725

1 Like

My wife was super intrigued when I told her about this today. She constantly uses our Anker powerbank to charge her phone when she is still using it. This would be super nice to have so you don’t have to worry about a cord. I would love it too so I don’t have to put away the millions of the cords she gets out :upside_down_face:

Fully understand and agree a simple placement of phone on such a portable charger pad is most convenient, but at a cost in terms of wasted energy.

Just in case you not aware these exist, another alternative solution is a portable charger with a built-in cable. Anker makes two versions for the iPhone and Android.

These have the advantage you can be moving holding them together while you move, less having to be so perfectly aligned, and you’d get more phone recharges and recharge faster. But downside of plugging in / out obviously.

The USB-C version was on sale recently at a fair price but I did not buy as it has an obvious upgrade to it to make cable input and output so you’d then only buy the Nano 18W charger and have a complete system.

1 Like

Honestly I have seen the iPhone one before, but the utilization of it just now hit me lol.

2 Likes

Original post updated with official name and specs… Read the new details HERE.

1 Like

Yep, ticks the boxes for me @Insider
Ill certainly be looking out for this on Amazon.co.uk

2 Likes

This matches

https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/9725

To up to 10W but keep 10Ah is the surprising aspect, implies more metal, implies more cost.

1 Like

Any further news on the release date for this?
I want one, and i WANT IT NOW! :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know!!!

1 Like

Not yet, @paulstevenewing

1 Like

Oh @Insider you’re such a tease! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wonder what will the price be? Maybe in the $40-$50 range? What would be your guess @insider?

1 Like

Add $5 to the Powercore 10000 PD Slim.

2 Likes

Last couple of weeks i am seeing list prices increase on few products… So considering this is newer product, this might go for higher

1 Like

Ill take $5 on this price!

Dollar is about 9% weaker last few weeks making USA prices higher but UK prices lower.

Fabric “Sense” version also coming soon.

4 Likes