Unlock the eufy power - Step by step guide to update your Baby Monitor

Hi, eufy fans,:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? To make life easier, we want to share monthly tips with you that will help you make the most of your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart home class.:house_with_garden:

For this installment, we will take a closer look at our Video Baby Monitor. In particular, how to update the firmware to the latest version so you can enjoy quieter and more intelligent mode switching.

The latest update allows the camera to detect levels of visible light for smoother transitions when switching between modes. You’ll never be disturbed by that click sound ever again!

:baby: Follow the steps below to complete the update

Download the latest firmware version:

Step 1 - Click the link to download the latest firmware here:

https://www.eufylife.com/support/5505/spaceview-baby-monitor

Step 2 - Click the Firmware v2.4.4 and follow the steps to download.

Upgrade the monitor :desktop_computer:

Step 1 - Connect the monitor to your computer via a data cable. Once connected you will see a file named “SN93701PU” displayed on the screen.Note that:

• The provided cable cannot be used to connect the two devices. If you do not own the necessary cable, you can contact our customer service team who will advise you on how to obtain the necessary cable. Contact us at - support@eufylife.com.
  • Ensure the screen is on throughout the entirety of the update process. If the monitor is off it means that the connection between the monitor and computer has been broken.

Step 2 - Open the “SN93701PU” file. Copy the Monitor.bin file and transfer it to the “SN93701PU” folder. There will be a file-transfer prompt on the monitor (as pictured below), and the transfer will take approximately 5-6 minutes.

Step 3 - After the file transfer is complete, the monitor will restart automatically. The connection between the monitor and the computer will end. After the monitor restarts, the monitor.bin file will no longer be visible.

Step 4 - Finally, check that the monitor’s update was successful. You can view the firmware version in use by going to - menu —>"…"—> connect with us—> Hardware

Upgrade the camera :video_camera:

Step 1 - Connect the camera to your computer via a data cable. Once connected you will see a file named “SN93700BU” displayed on the screen.

Step 2 - Open the “SN93700BU” file. Copy the Camera.bin file and transfer it to the “SN93700BU” folder. The transfer will take approximately 20-30 seconds.

Step 3 - After the file transfer is complete, the camera will restart automatically. The connection between the camera and the computer will end. After the camera restarts, the Camera.bin file will no longer be visible.

Step 4 - Finally, check that the camera’s update was successful. You can view the firmware version in use by going to - menu —>"…"—> connect with us—> Software

Power Unlocked! :unlock:

Update Complete. You can now enjoy the latest version of our firmware. Never be bothered by the sound of mode switches again.

If you are still unable to update your baby monitor to the latest firmware version you can follow the “eufy Security Baby Monitor Software Upgrade Guide” on YouTube.

The following situations indicate that the update failed. If you experience any of the following, please start again.

• The Monitor menu is not complete or out of order.
  • The monitor display is off. When connected to your PC, if the “ROM” file appears instead of the “SN93701PU” file, follow the monitor update steps and restart the device.
  • The camera cannot be paired with the monitor. When connected to your PC, if the “ROM” file appears instead of the “SN93700BU” file, follow the camera update steps and restart the device.

:speaking_head: Where you can find us:

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app->Help->Live chat/Call us/Feedback

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

1 Like

Good guide on how to update the baby monitor

2 Likes

eufy team is trying to be as helpful as possible on helping out people to update their devices with these instructions.:laughing:

@AnkerOfficial isn’t it a good idea to post this on the eufy security forum as well?

Yup, they’ve posted it on the eufy forum already and wanted to post one here as well to have more people seen this instruction :laughing:

1 Like

Good job guys :+1:

1 Like

Hi guys,
According to a forum discussion, several users claim to have issues with the 2.4.4 firmware (Eufy SpaceView baby monitor issues since 2.4.4). There seem to be random beeps and connection problems with the monitor.

I wanted to ask whether the issues have been fixed so that an installation of the version 2.4.4 will not lead to problems.

Hello! I just upgraded my T8300 to firmware 3.4.0 and the maximum volume from the monitor unit is now much lower than before. I previously had the factory installed firmware, but I didn’t check the version before upgrading.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-Philip

@philmb, did you ever resolve this?

I’m now encountering the same issue. I have a ticket opened with support but whenever I try to downgrade back to 2.4.4, the monitor has weird issues. Screen is white, or purple or the buttons refuse to work.

@Michael_Davies2 yes everything was resolved. Anker replaced my monitor unit, but I had to roll back the two cameras to 2.4.4 manually. The first attempt at rolling the cameras didn’t work: there was audio, but no video on the monitor unit. Everything worked when I flashed 2.4.4 a second time using the same process. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello, I started the update to 3.4 and now I can only see a red circle with a white cross and the monitor is no longer responding to any button press. Also when connecting it again to the PC it won’t show the drive again where I put the updatefile. Is there anything I can do like a hard reset or sth. like that?

Thanks
HPP

Hi! I have upgraded them to v3.4.0 but there are connection issues. I would like to try to downgrade them to v2.4.4. I was wondering how you could download v2.4.4 firmwares. There are only v3.4.0 firmwares on the download page.