Unacceptable microphone audio quality of Soundcore 2 Pro

I have tried both Soundcore Air 2 and Soundcore 2 Pro. The Pro sounds great, and the hissing problem improved a lot in the iteration 2. However, the microphone audio quality is just awful. When I called Anker customer service the representative can barely hear me. The sound becomes robotic, metallic, with a lot of missing syllabus. The Soundcore Air 2 has the similar specification of the microphone, but it delivers much better call quality than the Pro! I wonder if this is some hardware issue that I have to wait another iteration or the firmware update may sort this out?
I know this is not a quality fluctuation. I heard the audio in YouTube channel reviews and the records off my two pair Pros (iteration 1 and iteration 2). They are all bad. I can confirm that in quite place the quality will improve a little but in normal office noise level the calling with this earbuds is impossible.

If necessary, I can upload some audio record samples to demonstrate this issue.

1 Like

It’s pretty standard to have sub-par audio on earbuds that don’t have stems. The microphones are simply too far away from your mouth.

The liberty air 2 are better because of the stems

Thanks for your response! I think the stem does help a little bit. However, I tried to put the microphone close to my mouse (the hole on the bottom not on the side, the side one is possibly for the environment noise), the audio quality is still broken. Other than a little louder volume, the quality itself does not improve. It sounds discontinued and distorted. I think this maybe due to the flaw in the microphone noise cancelling design. Is there anyway that I can turn the noise cancelling function off in the firmware?

I’d recommend you to download the Soundcore app (Google Play Store or Apple App Store) and connect your earbuds. Maybe you can tweak the settings through it and get better results

Thank you! I have already used the app, which comes handy when controlling the EQ and checking battery. However, I don’t think we are allowed to tweak the microphone performance at this point.

Aw man, well hopefully they are reading this and push out an update

1 Like

We are sorry to hear your headphones are not working properly. According to the information you described, the issue on your Soundcore Liberty 2 pro you are experiencing is very unusual. Thank you for trying some troubleshooting already, please also try the following steps to see if it helps at all.

1. Use the default phone call on another phone to see if it makes any difference.
  2. Download the Soundcore APP and upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
  3. Reset the earbuds by the following steps to see if the problem still persists.
    –Place the earbuds back into the charging case and keep the case open.
    –Tap and hold the button at the back of the case for 10 seconds until both earbuds’ LED lights flash red 3 times.

If the issue still persists, don’t worry, please don’t hesitate to contact us at service@soundcore.com by detailing your order number and the problem you come across. We will reply you within 24 hours.