[UK] PowerPort III Nano Offer

Yes this product is the perfect use for twin pack, indeed probably don’t sell them singly, at this price and this size, you’d not buy just 1.

But I doubt a 2 pack would be less than twice the cost of a single so long as the single exists to buy, because Amazon prices fluctuate and I’d expect the lowest price of 2 pack to be not less than half the lowest price of the single.

Happy to be proved wrong, but just reading across from the two-pack Mini which is the nearest equivalent.

I’m still impressed with the UK Nano engineering, to feel that cool at that size. Envious of the engineer’s knowledge. I’m not clever enough. Something to do with MOSFETs? I finished my electromagnetics course so back to electronics course, in a few months I may be able to understand all this better.

Once winter arrives, it’s too nice today. Biking to my next sleep location, weather getting better to the north, this is my 40 mile rehydration stop. Look how small my luggage has to be. Nano!

1 Like

Let’s see what comes of the twin pack.
Thats my kind of “hydration” stop :+1:t2:
Enjoy the rest of your journey.

There has got to be a more compact way to charge all your devices but I am guess you are also weighing cost as well into your decision making.

The nearest in port count is the straight up Powerport 5, but it lacks a 18W port so my larger tablet can’t charge fast and my Powercore PD can’t charge fast, so I must either go with small or fast.

The next size up is the Powerport 5 PD, it is also not a good match as it’s one 30W port so too fast one port, not two ports.

Similarly the Powerport Slim is only 4 ports and one 45W, so a bad match.

Slightly better match is the upcoming Powerport Slim 83W two PD ports but 4 ports.

This is the 3 chargers which match my needs, the larger one I kept at the place I visit, the two smaller I carry with me, as I can get by with 3 ports.

Anker needs to make more many-C port chargers to match the proportion of our devices.

I have smartwatch+Flashlight+buds Usb A, and phone+tablet+Powercore USBC, I can get by with 3 ports if I swap devices in and out.

I don’t need that much Wattage, probably 50W.

Wow, you put way more thought into these types of things than many of us. Well hopefully passing of the EU legislation pushes all charging to USB-C and eliminate all these types of wires and then motivate Anker to push more USB-C port options. I am really not a fan of all the devices on A but it is going to take me a long time to transition all of my devices.

We here have been banging onto Anker to make all their devices USB-C for years.

My flashlight is the LC40, MicroB input. My buds are the still current Slim MicroB. Now I could use a C-B cable and a A port but these items don’t need much more than 1 Watt each so what I need is an intelligent many-C port charger from Anker. 5 ports sharing 50W.

The Mini is low wattage, 12W so it’s a cheap way to get low power ports.

My smartwatch is USB-A cable, proprietary port to phone. My bike lights are all USB-A rechargeable.

This is not really a cost issue. The Nano is £12.49, the Mini about £7, and the duo there about £15, so total charger cost to exactly match my port needs is about £25

In chronological order the Mini existed first, then the Duo then the Nano so each was justified for filling holes at their purchase time, but I agree with you this is far from ideal Anker choices.

1 Like

Now down to £9.99 with a £3 discount applied at checkout!

2 Likes

Well spotted, so I paid 2.99 more than I needed to 2 weeks ago:expressionless:

I still think this should be in 2 packs and a bundle option for certain Powercore to help headoff using the wrong charger issue we get here a few times a week.

2 Pints! You will survive!

It’s 44% discount after been out relatively short time.

I don’t need to buy any more of this now own 2, my greatest need next is a multiport compact charger.

1 Like

Nice deal for compact yet powerful charger :+1:

1 Like

Thats a good price @j.frew
I was expecting the twin pack (assuming there will be one) to be £20.
I think I’ll revise that to £18!

I’m holding out for another discount on this,

Bought one recently for £18.99. So better value per port and better use of a single mains socket.

Just read my last message back.
Am im begining to sound like a less knowledgeable @professor?
No disrespect meant @professor, quite the opposite in fact :+1:t2:

Not all professors here.
I was teaching till 65.
Now I am only a simple pensioner! :rofl:

1 Like

Talking of teaching, I’ve spent all day remotely training customers in London.
A firm of barristers, the most down to earth and funny bunch of characters I’ve had the pleasure of working with.