[UK] PowerPort III Nano Offer

Just spotted that the small yet mighty PowerPort III Nano USB C charger is 28% off on today’s Amazon Daily Deals bringing it to £12.99

1 Like

I have one.
It has another shape caused by the EU-plug.
(Even smaller)
But this charger is really small and mighty.
I was afraid it would get hot by charging a huge powerbank for some hours.
Did get warm a little which I consider as normal.

1 Like

New lowest price.

Bought another to add to the one I got for testing.

Will you try “stereo pairing”? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No it’s going in my road bike bag.

Yesterday I was biking and the thought entered my head to keep going and look out for a B&B vacancy sign around 5pm.

I thought if I had all I needed with me. I keep a Powercore with me all the time to last a long day but not to last 2 days. So this is going in my bike bag, along with a dual A mini to allow for overnight to recharge Powercore and bike lights and then phone. A 3-in-1, a short C, a short MicroB, this Nano gives me 3 ports and 1 / 2 C and 2 / 1 MicroB and Lightning if I encountered any iPhone flat phone users.

You know, the ones not yet owning any Anker.

1 Like

I was tempted at £14 and tempted again at £13.
Do i need one? No!
Do i want another? Yes!

Quite cheap!

1 Like

I’m keeping mine in a small bike bag and was looking to pair with a 6ft thin cable. The Powerline III are meant to be thin but very expensive.

But I can get similar thickness cables for significantly less cost. Bought this two cables £10 Vs one £13 cable.

Not sure the difference in price is worthwhile as even the lowest level of bend testing is probably good enough.

AC_SY400 AC_SY400

I’m tempted with a pair of 1mtr cables - £11.99 - 20% = £9.52 - but i have a couple that get very little use.
Can you have too many cables? :thinking:

I’m puzzling how I make this more compact. At peak I use 5 ports, two 18W ports. I need one 6ft C cable. Trying to figure a more basic travel version as good.

Ideally a Powerport 5 with 2 C and 3 A.

1 Like

Yes @professor
An enhanced PowerPort 5 would do the trick for you.
Or, and a very BIG OR, start selling PowerStrips with more USBC ports and ship them to the UK?
That would solve most people’s “home” set up and free up some chargers for travel use.

The charger on the right shows how awful it is, it is bigger than the combined two on the left which have more ports and more power.

There’s so much room for improvement.

Yes if there were Powerstrip UK versions with USB C ports, it would liberate up existing Powerports, but the Powerports themselves need a revamp. The 1C+3A is cheap at £27 but it’s out of balance, C vs A. My peak Wattage need is 2x18+20=46W.

2 Likes

Yes there are possibilities to improve.
But we mostly forget here,
that there are still many users doing charging by normal USB-A -> USB mini.
That Nano is a nice little thing, but regarding the dimensions it will be not easy to add another output.

We’re agreeing. See I need peak 3 A ports, but the combined insides of the two left chargers is smaller than the insides of the right charger despite an extra port. My A port needs aren’t much W, so the way the mini does it of sharing 12W is fine for me.

There is room for improvement. I’m not saying make the Nano the same size and squeeze in a A port, just make it a little bigger, even if only twice the size is still an improvement on the right of these 3 chargers.

2 Likes

Exactly.
So may be such a NANO III (18W) a little bit bigger with USB-C and USB-A would be a real improvement.
I charged my motion + today with that NANO III, perfect.
You know, I am not so familiar with power banks and chargers.
I have one pb left here a big brick! ( Essential 20.000.)
With that NANO a perfect team.

For me indoors is to sleep, I’m out most days for hours, biking on good weather, walking in bad weather, and like to camp and B&B. So I’m always with a Powercore, I have the 20000 PD too, I think we both got them as a gift last Xmas from Anker.

From a weight perspective it’s lighter to carry a 10Ah and a Nano than carry a 20A. 10Ah is sufficient to last one long busy day but not two days. So for an overnight in a tent carry the 20Ah, for an overnight in B&B carry 10A + Nano. I have plenty of A port devices, the minimalist approach is recharge them off the A port of the Powercore, but a Nano with added A port would be better and I doubt much fatter charger, certainly smaller than the far right current model.

Exploring Skipton today, Powercore with me obviously! It’s recharging a bike light.

2 Likes

I would do more biking.
But you know München.
Better now, more cycle paths, but of course more bikers
Those often are really crazy, no more exisiting rules for them.

Very dangerous meanwhile, but I will start again.
Accident were caused by cars in the past, but today mainly caused by bikers to bikers.

The bike is now in the front yard, oiled and is ready. :smile:

50p above the lowest price now with voucher

New lowest price £12.59 with 30% off voucher. Darn it, I paid 40p more last week. :flushed:

I remember a day when 40p would have bought enough sweets to last an afternoon!
Great new price @professor
I think I’m holding out for a twin pack. I don’t “need” anymore chargers but would snap up a twin pack for £20.