UK Eufy indoors camera

It’s hard to get a true picture of what products are like now days. If you look on Youtube, most videos are sponsored by Eufy. If you look on Amazon there’s people leaving bad reviews because they don’t understand how they work. It’s a mess at the minute.

1 Like

We’re not Anker staff so don’t hold anything back.

The issue seems to be the Eufy external cameras store data locally and yet need a remote server to access them so bad architecture. These are just simpler so less things to fail, and good image quality.

1 Like

Yes, so far the indoor cameras are working great. They just released HomeKit upgrade, and it’s a batch release so few regions have noticed it and the other regions, specially in EU have not seen it yet. I understand it will be released by tomorrow (Jul 14th) .
So, the chatter about these cameras mainly is about who has it or doesn’t have it.
Also, there are some limitation when you integrate with HomeKit, so obviously, pros/cons of HomeKit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good news @Ice1
On the blurb does it mention the frame rate?
Do you know if it is full TV frame rate, 25/30 FPS or a reduced rate?
I have some 15fps cameras and the motion is not that clear, which is obviously not that great for a security camera.

I have to check for that info… May be @Shenoy or @Fuu_bar knows about it?

@onstar has the non-pan-tilt

But yes the chat in June said 15fps

1 Like

To my knowledge, they are 15 FPS each

Eufy Indoor Cam 2K Pan & Tilt

• Dimensions: 75 x 75 x 108mm / 2.95 x 2.95 x 4.25in
  • Weight: 217g / 7.65oz
  • Power: 5v/2A AC. Micro USB power port
  • Pan/Tilt: 360º horizontal / 93º vertical @ 85º per second
  • Resolution: 2K
  • FoV: 125º
  • Night Vision
  • H.265 & H.264 encoding
  • 8 x zoom
  • FPS: 15

Eufy Indoor Cam 2K

• Dimensions: 55 x 55 x 104mm / 2.17 x 2.17 x 4.09in
  • Weight: 98g / 3.46oz
  • Power: 5v/1A AC. Micro USB power port
  • Resolution: 2K
  • FoV: 125º
  • Night Vision
  • H.265 & H.264 encoding
  • FPS: 15
1 Like

Well done @professor I thought id had the conversation but could I find it? :man_facepalming:t2:

I think at 15fps I don’t think it’s worth changing from my current setup.

The thing is, I have not had any issues with my pan and tilt at all when it comes to the frame rate.

1 Like

Haha beat me to it by a hot second there.

1 Like

Cheers @Fuu_bar :+1:t2:
I think its weird to have such a low FPS.
I have a (very) cheap action camera that records 25fps in its lowest setting.
Yet in a security product where clarity of picture is surely the most important factor, the rate is lower.

Bear in mind that this is a gif from it because I cant post the full file, but it is smooth normally. (Don’t mind my dirty kitchen and my tired looking self from my kids all day)

1 Like

That’s reasonable @Fuu_bar thaw for posting that.
Does the camera pan by itself to track your motion? That’s pretty neat if it does.

Yeah it is automatic pan for it.

This is a lot better version

1 Like

Here a link to theTPLinks I’m running.
Aside from the panning, I think the Eufy has it for quality.

I’d go with reviewed quality above specs, as there’s plenty of other aspects. The level of onboard compression means one fps can deliver more detail than others.

I do lots of media recoding and the delta frames can be larger, so show more changes, for a given fps so the image is better, less jumpy, less blurred, so fps is not the totality of the quality. A weaker processor can compute less delta so make the file size consequentially larger for a given quality or have more pixelated delta. A stronger processor can detect more fine-grained the delta so make them smaller so both small file size and good quality. So a big fat “it depends”

When someone puts a h265 co-pro in a consumer low cost camera, the wow moment will happen, it compresses twice as fast but at a computational cost. So that means either twice the quality for a given file size or half the file size for a given quality.

I can see the weight loss from the low-carbs low-beer on you there Paul.

1 Like

Maybe I’m after too much in a £40 camera.
In the video above I don’t think the quality of picture is especially good.
Especially when Debs gets up from her side of the “office” and walks toward the camera.
Or am i being too picky?

Bear in mind what the co-pro and storage is having to compute and store.

The picture is detailed, yes, complex, yes, but as the camera is static only a very small % of the image is changing between frames. That means most of the image is not being stored each frame, it is static, only the changes which are relatively small proportion of the image.

Try changing two things at once, like at night , shadows moving, so the cost of a move is increased, then you should see quality drop.

Imagine doing that same problem with a moving camera, every pixel is different each frame. That is why fuu_bar video looks a little less frames during the moving frames.

The more accurate the co-pro detects the changes, the more smaller blocks so the smaller the delta frame so you get either better quality or smaller file.

The electronics significantly determine the quality and it is not in the specs, a review is the only way to tell, or a detailed teardown to look at the chips within.

So I think in summary I’m probably being too picky.
I’ll sit in my current cameras and cash and wait for the next gadget to come along.

All my cameras are 15 fps. The eufyCam 2, eufyCam 2c, IndoorCam Fixed, IndoorCam Pan & Tilt. I don’t use HKSV. But if I use HKSV (requires at least $2.99 monthly payment for iCloud), then maybe ALL the cameras will do 24 fps? HKSV just became available 2 days ago in the US. But I don’t want to pay $2.99 a month just to test this out.

Here’s in interesting Reddit thread:

1 Like