UK Eufy indoors camera

Maybe I’m after too much in a £40 camera.
In the video above I don’t think the quality of picture is especially good.
Especially when Debs gets up from her side of the “office” and walks toward the camera.
Or am i being too picky?

Bear in mind what the co-pro and storage is having to compute and store.

The picture is detailed, yes, complex, yes, but as the camera is static only a very small % of the image is changing between frames. That means most of the image is not being stored each frame, it is static, only the changes which are relatively small proportion of the image.

Try changing two things at once, like at night , shadows moving, so the cost of a move is increased, then you should see quality drop.

Imagine doing that same problem with a moving camera, every pixel is different each frame. That is why fuu_bar video looks a little less frames during the moving frames.

The more accurate the co-pro detects the changes, the more smaller blocks so the smaller the delta frame so you get either better quality or smaller file.

The electronics significantly determine the quality and it is not in the specs, a review is the only way to tell, or a detailed teardown to look at the chips within.

So I think in summary I’m probably being too picky.
I’ll sit in my current cameras and cash and wait for the next gadget to come along.

All my cameras are 15 fps. The eufyCam 2, eufyCam 2c, IndoorCam Fixed, IndoorCam Pan & Tilt. I don’t use HKSV. But if I use HKSV (requires at least $2.99 monthly payment for iCloud), then maybe ALL the cameras will do 24 fps? HKSV just became available 2 days ago in the US. But I don’t want to pay $2.99 a month just to test this out.

Here’s in interesting Reddit thread:

1 Like

1 minute review of my IndoorCams:

• I have 3 Fixed (only 2 are in use; 1 still in box) and 1 Pan & Tilt. I neither pan nor tilt, so my P&T camera is basically being used as a Fixed.
  • The video quality is fantastic when the rooms are lit. Colors look great. Lots of details.
  • The video quality is acceptable when using IR. Not great, but probably as good as any competitor’s night videos.
  • The AI is buggy. I have the motion detection set to Person & Pet Only, and sensitivity set to Medium-Low, and I still get a lot of false positives.
  • I have the Status LED set to OFF. Each time the cameras received a firmware update, the Status LED reset to ON. This happened twice in the past few weeks.
1 Like