UK 543 Charger (65W II) £36.99

EDIT: Deal improved.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B098X7X251

I have two of the predecessor to this, 45W / 30W / 18W +15W - this successor is 45W / 30W / 20W +15W , and it works to charge my newest laptop which maximum needs are 45W but is happy to get 30W or less if I use the 2nd USBC port.

Note all of these “desk” chargers use C8 cords, they come with the cord with the local plug type but you can use other country type cords and/or plug adapters. e.g. last week I visited USA and swapped the UK delivered cord with a US cord and spent a few nights in UK with US-UK plug adapter on end to minimise total tech volume/weight.

Pretty good value when you look at the newest range

4 Likes

Wake me up when the 4 x USBC version hits the shelf :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I usually travel with two chargers for ports and backup, either a Nano 1 USB + 2 USBA for shorter trips or Nano 1 USB + above 2 USBC + 2 USBA to get 3 USBC + 2 USBA. You could just buy two dual-port?

Is this Anker following Apple? i.e. adopting technologies well after competitors?

Note my smartwatch, flashlight, sunglasses and my smaller Powercore are all USB-A still, and as they charge slowly forces many USBA ports to this day. I can mitigate that via my Powercore with USBC + USBA ports I can trickle-charge my USB-A devices while my wall chargers are USBC only.

1 Like

I have one in my arsenal.
The dual port 18w and keep that in my holiday charger/cable bag.

I have various other USBC blocks dotted around the house for PowerStands and random charging.

The only USBA ports I have are one in a 60/65w which powers a bedside PowerStand and a five port USBA block which i kept ito charge a few micro torches that have the male USBA plug built in.

For USB micro products I purchased USBC to Micro cables. As I came to the conclusion I could have less charge blocks and an extra cable.

But a four port USBC version of this would replace some current blocks and be great for desk based charging and also a better fit for when mains sockets are behind furniture.

Its great how we all have different requirements and satisfy those using different solutions.

2 Likes

I have I think the older one that sits on a side table ready to charge whatever I need really great charger with slim profile

2 Likes

I’m gonna ha e to get one of these newer ones, my old 5 port charger can barely keep up with the power demands of all my devices since many require higher wattage to charge

2 Likes

Still using an old model and I am happy with it.

2 Likes

This is 6 months ago so I’d think around now something closer to what you want should come out.

2 Likes

I hope youre right would be nice to see even more steps in the usb c direction

2 Likes

Today I have a 45W laptop, 18W tablet, 10W phone, 18W Powercore and a very low wattage USB-A devices, so I cannot consume more than say 100W if everything plugged in at once. To be fair I can get buy charging USB-A off my Powercore if I needed as I dont need the Wattage for them and consume little. But when my phone dies its replacement likely 25W-40W.

My USB-A needs are caused by Anker+others, my Fossil smartwatch is a low watt USB-A, my Soundcore Frames USB-A, etc.

1 Like

Anker does have 4 USBC 120W desk charger

I’d wait for GanII (or guessing GaNPRIME judging by the trademark) to bring size down so a wall charger version, first in USA then UK eventually.

1 Like

Great find @professor
Maybe a U.K. version will be more universal in its compatability with Samsung Fast/Super Fast Charging :+1:t2:

1 Like

On the one hand we have eventually better technology, so GaNPrime , the successor to GaN II, but inflation seems to be eroding much of the advantage of the normal habit of waiting as long as possible.

Right now in UK this 4 port is still the best value answer, it has a 45W for most laptops and total 65W. I have two of the predecessor (nearly identical 63W) and a 63.5W older 45+18.5 C+A wall charger all can do my laptop.

I’m tempted to get this as I don’t see an easy end to inflation but then I have 3 chargers already…

1 Like

I though you to be a minimalist!
I have only 2. :joy:

1 Like

Chuckle, my three existing 63W chargers I got for free :relaxed:

Back when Anker did competitions, Powerdraw… distant memories.

1 Like

Those good old times will never come back.

Those good old times will never come back.