Always finding nice deals!

1 Like

I do my best @QueenMagic

1 Like

Hehehe! :rofl:

1 Like

Ill add this to the collection :sunglasses:

1 Like

Are there any power banks that have USB-C output?

1 Like

Ooodles.

How much wattage do you need? There’s 10W, 18W, 27W, 45W, 60W…

Best value for money right now is 18W.

1 Like

I have an iPhone 11 Pro and an iPad Pro (2020), so I could roll with 18W, but more if I’m to take advantage of the iPad’s fastest charging capabilities. Do you have any recommendation, please? (I’m switching all my cables over to USB-C on the power source end).

1 Like

What is the minimum and maximum USB-PD W of the iPad Pro 2020?

It is slightly different between a portable charger than a charger. A portable charger you ideally seek the lowest supported Wattage as that tends to be cheaper and (by definition) it is with you all the time so just connect it for longer. A charger is tied to a wall and (by definition) you’d want to connect for the shortest time. So chargers tend to be the ones to support your maximum, portable chargers your minimum.

So what is your device min and max?

My USB-C devices have a min of 10W and a max if 18W, so I tend to use the 10W-18W Powercore and all my Powerport are 18W.

1 Like

Apparently the iPad Pro 2020 supports charging speeds of up to 35W, though maintaining 30W throughout. It ships with an 18W brick.

Cost isn’t so much a problem, but I would want fast (tethered, albeit portably so, is still tethered).

Just whilst I’m typing and because some of you are very knowledgeable, would you happen to know the cable length on the Atom 4, please?

1 Like

Default C8 cord is 5ft, you can always buy a longer.

Cost isnt a problem? 35W+ ? You’re in UK?

So for example this very thread deal match’s your needs.

1 Like

Thanks. I did just notice the Atom takes a C7 cable, so will pick up a longer one.

The Powercore+ item/deal in this thread only has a single USB-C output port. I was hoping for two.

1 Like

Which Atom exactly? I’d be guarded buying the Atom PD4 and instead go the Slim 65W or 63W corded.

1 Like

Yes. I did mean the PD4. Why guarded about it, please?

1 Like

Sufficient bad reviews, expensive and I’m highly confident a much better version will emerge.

For iPad iPhone and few others I’d go for this charger, I have two of them. One right now is on loan to someone who is charging MBP iPad iPhone airpods and apple watch. The 45W is able to charge the MBP, not as fast as 60W, iPad at full speed, iPhone at full speed, but not all at once, the 45W becomes 30W if you use the 18W so the best combination is MBP in 30W iPad in 18W and the iPhone and watch sharing 15W.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-MacBook-Laptops/dp/B089XZ5DZZ

It’s a quirk we never seen a discount for it even though been out for months.

That might work! Thanks. Hopefully I can get (almost) full speed on all my devices…30W on iPad Pro, 18W on my iPhone 11 Pro, then 10W on my Apple Watch 6 & the remaining 5W for my AirPods Pro?

Correct and why I like it. It’s discussion here

You’d have a few different cable types as you may prefer 45W for a laptop and so deliberately plug something in the 10W USBA port rather than the 18W to not make the 45W drop to 30W.

It is very similar to the Slim 65W (45W V + 3 ports share 20W)which has been discounted so a mystery the Slim 63W (30W C + 18W C + 2 ports share 15W) has not been discounted.

If you bought this threads bundle youd get a 60W charger obviously as well.

1 Like