That is a very well phrased summary of the truth.
That allows for:
- intelligent educated who just don't care about phones and want something which works, price is not important.
- intelligent ignorant who do not know the iphone is inferior because they don't know.
- dumb who have who their opinions piped to them via advertisement.
As such, iphone users are covering a very wide spectrum, from the very richest, the most pragmatic, to the downright idiot.
It takes me usually 2-5 seconds to know which.
If I encounter:
- Not important: "I wanted a phone, it works" It is only a phone. Respect.
- Subjective: "I feel iphone is superior because of an app" then it is acceptable. Personal opinion.
- Appletard: "I like the iphone because of specifications, like it has this new wireless charging, etc" then I know its an idiot. Someone else's opinion.