$50 off the all-new eufyCam 2

Hi @Shane7

Of course, V1 and V2 can be used interchangeably.

4 Likes

Good to know v1 cameras can work with the updated Homebase…could have been quite a headache for yourselves there @AnkerTechnical :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

Yes, thank you for your attention :grinning:

1 Like

eufyCam 2 is a system that provides a better experience with more affordable price. Not only HomeKit support, but also one year battery life, stronger AI performance, better night vision quality with Sony Starvis sensor, no monthly fee and local storage to protect your privacy. Compared with mainstream battery camera brands, our products are definitely more cost-effective.:relaxed:

2 Likes

They main and serious question is, if eufycam 2 will be available alone (as add-on cam) and will fully-featured work with the original homebase (1) ?!

Huh?! :thinking: eufycam 2 looks exactly like the original eufy cam 1 - where please is the new design?!

Does this mean every eufy cam 2 is its own range extender?!

That, I highly doubt my friend…based on a previous post about details in the app… @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical can you confirm?

If so … where is the massive discount for the eufy cam 1 kickstarter backers and eufy cam 1 owners who now gets f***** by eufy because we have paid a bunsh of money, not even 1 year after eufy cam 1 / homebase 1 has been released?!!!

The called price is completely indiscutable and not at all competitive. :dizzy_face:
Like @TechMan already said correctly.

When the next batch arrives to BestBuy, will the free camera be part of the deal still or is that no longer a part of it?

I’m currently waiting to buy the cameras but if the deal has ended with the free camera, I can purchase them elsewhere.

1 Like

Angry bunch in here… :sweat_smile: I’m receiving my EufyCam 2’s tonight, and will report back. I’m interested in the new sensor and Homekit compatibility*, and will test those first. I will also try to pair my parents’ EufyCam E to the new home base and see how/if it works this weekend.

All that said, compare even 2 of these EufyCam 2 cameras to nearly any competing model:

• Logitech Circle 2 ($304 for 2 1080p cameras, with Homekit)
  • Arlo Pro 2 ($399 for 2 1080p cameras, with Homekit)
  • Nest Cam Outdoor ($298 for 2 1080p cameras, no Homekit)
  • Blink XT2 ($179 for 2 1080p cameras, no Homekit)
    etc. Prices in MSRP or from Amazon as available.

I don’t know about y’all, but I’m quite fond of Apple’s ecosystem and Homekit is worth the slight (~15%) premium versus competitors.

1 Like

I really wanted HomeKit support when I backed this project on Kickstarter. Now it is available with the new generation eufycam.
But, I’m stuck with the original eifycam that is not compatible with HomeKit.
Can you replace my Homebase @AnkerOfficial ?

1 Like

Reading some interesting comments in this thread. I hope a lot of the confusion some are having is cleared up as customers start receiving their cameras. I do hope some of these features work for the original homebase users.

1 Like

Hi,

Cam you please elaborate in the remark “Repeater mode for increased signal range”? How is this managed?

Regards,
RP

1 Like

Similar to gen1, I’d guess; in Wifi mode, the home base 2 acts as an extender for your existing Wifi network - confirmed this over the weekend with a home base 1 and EufyCam E set.

1 Like

I saw them in Amazon Germany For 399 eu when I bought my eufycams e last week, very cheap in the US for 249 USD and with free extra cam

1 Like

I guess I found the answer myself.

Best Buy no longer notes the free camera included on their website.

So it seems the deal was a one time thing.

1 Like

@Coolflare As per the original post, the additional camera was for the first 250 purchases…

So just setup the Eufycam 2 system and no HomeKit. @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical is there a release date for this besides “later date”.

1 Like

In the original macrumors article concerning this cam, it mentioned it’ll store recordings in iCloud. Is that natively included as part of HomeKit or something else they’d have to enable or provide later?

1 Like

Two different things. Regular HomeKit support is being able to view a live feed of your camera within the Apple Home app. Storing videos in iCloud is part of HomeKit Secure Video.

1 Like

Thank you. Is it your understanding or anyone that secure video support will be possible with the Eufy 2?

1 Like