$50 off the all-new eufyCam 2

Hi,

Cam you please elaborate in the remark “Repeater mode for increased signal range”? How is this managed?

Regards,
RP

1 Like

Similar to gen1, I’d guess; in Wifi mode, the home base 2 acts as an extender for your existing Wifi network - confirmed this over the weekend with a home base 1 and EufyCam E set.

1 Like

I saw them in Amazon Germany For 399 eu when I bought my eufycams e last week, very cheap in the US for 249 USD and with free extra cam

1 Like

I guess I found the answer myself.

Best Buy no longer notes the free camera included on their website.

So it seems the deal was a one time thing.

1 Like

@Coolflare As per the original post, the additional camera was for the first 250 purchases…

So just setup the Eufycam 2 system and no HomeKit. @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical is there a release date for this besides “later date”.

1 Like

In the original macrumors article concerning this cam, it mentioned it’ll store recordings in iCloud. Is that natively included as part of HomeKit or something else they’d have to enable or provide later?

1 Like

Two different things. Regular HomeKit support is being able to view a live feed of your camera within the Apple Home app. Storing videos in iCloud is part of HomeKit Secure Video.

1 Like

Thank you. Is it your understanding or anyone that secure video support will be possible with the Eufy 2?

1 Like

It has indeed arrived! More soon…

Full album here: >> https://imgur.com/gallery/9fXC681

Early thoughts:

• No Homekit, but coming soon (by EOY 2019) per the Anker post below. Assuming secure video will follow.
  • Super easy to set up, as one would expect. Home Base emits a sound, Camera responds, paired, done.
  • Firmware updates for the Home Base occurred immediately after pairing, Cameras updated automatically.
  • Cameras were charged about 50% when I received them (blame Colorado weather) but charged relatively quickly with micro-USB cables (included).
  • Magnet mounts are great, super sturdy like the cameras feel.
  • Otherwise about the same as the EufyCam E series, I guess. Night mode seems a bit better, but I’ll save my judgement for when I mount the third one of these outside.
4 Likes

no problem @AnkerTechnical hopefully I get a notification to test it out…

If you would been a eufy cam 1 backer who now gets f*** by anker not even 1 year after the first version has been released and also would have had all the trouble and issues and stomach pain with eufy cam 1, you wouldn’t say this! … We have gone thru “hell” during kickstarter campain and 11 months after release.

Same question here, but for my 2 homebases i own myself (not talking about the ones of my friends and neighbourts i sadly recommended eify cam 1 to).

1 Like

There will be eufyCam 2 add-on camera and it can work with HomeBase V1, but can’t use HomeKit feature. Because the support of the HomeKit feature requires the addition of related hardware design on HomeBase.

The repeater mode is the WiFi connection option of HomeBase, which can extend the connection range between router and HomeBase, to provide flexibility in camera installation location.

1 Like

Do you mean that products of the first and second generation are compatible?

If yes, the answer is as follows.

1. eufyCam 2/2C can work with HomeBase/E/2
  2. eufyCam/E can work with HomeBase/E/2

Note: eufyCam 2/2C work with HomeBase/E is not fully realized yet, there are still stability issues. Our plan is fully realized in December.

1 Like

According to the current shipping plan, the second shipment will arrive on November 22nd at the earliest. As for whether there is a deal for the add-on camera, I am not sure, please pay attention to our listing information in real time.

1 Like

It’s the WiFi connection mode for the HomeBase, which mean you can connect your HomeBase to the router by WiFi, so you can extend the connection range between them. In this way, HomeBase can be as close as possible to the camera to extend the installation distance of the camera.

1 Like

Sorry, there is no exact time yet, but we will launch the HomeKit feature by the end of December. But we can offer beta software trials after next week, need to apply for and sign NDA.

1 Like

Need to buy Apple’s iCloud package.

OK, so if HomeKit ist really the ONLY difference for sure, then Homebase 2 is worthless for me. Do not need HomeKit. Really no other advantages/features of hombase 2 than HomeKit?

Sad, i thought you’re smart enough to implement a small repeater in each new cam (which costs battery for sure, but we wouldnt care) to compensate and reparation the/of broken promise and lie of a hardware range extender, which has been published in april/may 2019 already to fix the horrible eufy cam ranges.

But thanks for the answers. At least the first one helped me as i now know that HB 2 isn’t needed for anyone, except he wants HomeKit Support.

1 Like

Thanks. Already contacted support to get on the beta list.

1 Like