The history of Anker

Here’s a special request for @AnkerOfficial: Would you share with us, your loyal customers, the history of the brand? I’ve been curious about it for a while, including the origin of the name.

I already admire your business model - and, of course, your products - and I guess there’s an interesting entrepreneurship tale behind the rise of Anker, more than the short paragraph on Wikipedia. Moving so quickly from laptop batteries to mobile batteries to smart devices is a feat to be known!

4 Likes

I can start…the founder of Anker is Stephan Yang who was a former google employee. When he left google he started Anker, originally making small battery banks and eventually branching into cables among other things

4 Likes
1 Like

That was too easy, you should have known the history and not need to resort to wikepedia:joy:

The Wikipedia page is too short, hence the topic. But seeing the sources on the Wikipedia page, I’ve found this rather extensive article: https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/22/15673712/anker-battery-charger-amazon-empire-steven-yang-interview
This video, mentioned in the article, is also quite interesting, also you get to see the face of Anker’s founder! https://www.amazon.com/Day-One-Stories-Entrepreneurship-Technology/dp/B017Y76RK8?tag=skim1x139863-20

Thanks for the links, very interesting …

I wonder if Mr. Yang ever checks up on what we’re up to in the forums… better yet, what if @AnkerOfficial is Stang Yang :scream:

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial is a female. Judging by the photos of her and her friends that were posted in the Halloween contest thread

Catfishing to fool us? Lol jk… good catch elmo. I stand corrected

Yeah. Sorry fella. I was in traffic and being extremely lazy lol

Great article and vid :thumbsup:

Yes, the main controller of the @AnkerOfficial account is female…as for the CEO checking in, you never know but I doubt he would advertise…can you imagine the amount of PM’s he would get :laughing:

1 Like

The verge article was also posted on here a while ago by @AnkerOfficial

3 Likes

Oh, I searched for history, but not for story here in the community…

No worries, it’s all good, I did the same thing when I was trying to find the post I remembered about Steven Yang :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, absolutely right!:laughing:

1 Like

I also fancied I was Stang Yang…:laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes