The Charging Time Challenge | WIN PowerCore II

Agreed. Rules are changed after contest ended. Not good Anker
Fans need explanation???

2 Likes

So your saying rule #8 allows a company to lie and change the rules after the contest ends? If it really was a stock issue, just explain to the winners the prize will be late in delivery, because of stock issues NOT just change the prize and then change the rules ( literally typed a new rule #1) where the prize was clearly stated AFTER the contest is over. That is just not ethical.

I would be more impressed with a company that just admits there mistake and says “someone messed up”and listed the wrong prize than to lie about it and go back and change the rules to cover it up.

2 Likes

Be a fan but don’t be a blind fan

2 Likes

Rule 8 means if they need to change it up so be it. At the end of the day it’s a contest for a free product. It’s one thing if I’m actullay paying for it, it’s another it’s free. if they had to switch it up due to inventory than understand because well
“It’s free”

1 Like

It’s free and besides it’s not like the switched it out for like cables. I understand your upset, but it’s free just be thankful you won and got a free battery pack

1 Like

Do you really believe they “switched due to inventory reasons”? Why would they change the rules after the fact (18 days) to cover it up? I bet you think this is “fake news”. LOL

It’s not always about getting something free. It’s the ethical practices of a business that I am concerned about.

1 Like

I think a company this big would rather have your business as a customer and not try to pull one over you because in the long run they will earn money from your future purchases. And I understand y you would be upset but I think at the end of the day it’s not much of a drop off between “free” and “free”

That is exactly my point. Thank you for making it. A company would make more money off customers in the long run, so why lie to customers. They should do everything possible to honor their mistake. If you run a contest, you better have the product to fulfill what you are offering.

Like I stated earlier, when a company runs a contest they are literally budgeting their advertising dollars wisely. In this case Anker just decided to save advertising cost for themselves and collected a lot of emails for future marketing instead of doing the right thing. It’s not like they asked winners would you rather have a lesser prize now or wait for the original prize. We are only talking about 150 pieces. If a company like Anker can’t come up with 150 pieces, their must be bigger problems with the company. May be they do this all the time, I don’t know.

And why go back and change the rules after the contest is over and you have awarded the prizes? That’s the weirdest part of it all.

Here is the contest rules before they changed it today. Below it is what they changed it to:
( notice they changed the prize rule #1)

1 Like

I understand your upset,but I can’t give you an answer that will be good enough because I don’t work for anker.it might be best to ask them yourself because obviously we’re are just going in circles. It’s unfortunate you feel this way but at the end rule #8 was put their these kind of instances. It happens I can’t explain y but atleast they were smart about putting it in the rules. Maybe ask them if they can substitute something if the same Value as the 20k pack because obviously you were excited to win it.
Hope you find a resolution

Thanks, I am happy to win ANYTHING, just hate when any company tries to mislead their customers. Most people will never know what a shady move this was by Anker, and I am sure a lot of company’s pull these kinds of shenanigans and are never called out on. I did inquire with Anker and at first was given the “stock excuse” and I wrote them back and never got a response. That was before they pulled a fast one and changed the rules today. It is very humourous that they did that. I would not be surprised if they deleted all my posts about this. I really can’t believe some people are OK with this kind of action by Anker. Rule # 8 or not…it’s just unethical !

1 Like

OK, I’m going to be honest, everyone that is complaining about Anker changing the prize needs to stop.
If you’ve been involved in the forum activities over the past year, you’d know that Anker does not do these things all the time, and for goodness sake, you’ve won! It’s not like you were expecting to win… and they ruined your plans. Now, if you ordered PowerCore II 20000 and received PowerCore II 10000 on something like Amazon or the Anker Store, that’s different, but some of these reactions are just depressing.

10 Likes

Sometimes the true is depressing as much as you don’t want to believe it.

As kumar.sachin2h so nicely put it:

“Be a fan but don’t be a blind fan”

2 Likes

I’ve been on this forum since it began and I’ve never ever seen Anker change the prizes or act “Shady” in any way in the past. They have many, many competitions and giveaways through the year and giveaway 1000’s of prizes too.

I’m not a blind fan. I have complete faith in the brand and the team and believe what they have put. I didn’t win unfortunately but to hear/read the way some of you are behaving and speaking of a company that has offered you a FREE prize is downright disgusting and disrespectful.

Please accept the alternative prize graciously, become/remain a familiar and useful part of the forum. Help people with queries, take part in useful discussions and many future giveaways and chances to win prizes.

12 Likes

Shoot i didn’t win anything and you don’t see me complaining about it creating a book about how i didn’t win a battery pack :joy: just be thankful

5 Likes

I understand your frustration, and I get that you don’t buy their inventory reason. Just like you are entitled to your own opinion. I was frustrated too, but given how it’s a free contest, great I won. Any prize won is something I didn’t have before so I’m not gong to cry over it.

Anker host numerous competition throughout the year, and based off their customer service I will say they did not try to dupe people. They are always going out of their way to make sure the customers are satisfied and happy.

Inventory is a very logical reason, you may not think so, but given how many places this contest was open to it it is understandable. You may have stock in the US, but not enough for France or the UK or wherever else so you cannot ship some people one batterypack and others a different one, so to remain fair to everyone they changed it to one that has adequate stock across all warehouses. They may not have anticipated so many people from one location winning, hence why stock is in short supply for that area. And just because they are still selling it doesn’t mean that Amazon is out of stock because while it comes from Anker it’s shipped from Amazons warehouse.

You can hate on it all you want, but please spare your conspiracy theory and bashing of a company because they do far more for communities and the people than most other companies and go out of their way to try and keep everyone happy. But at the end of the day you can’t please everyone, and they reserve the right to final explanation and thought.

@AnkerOfficial

8 Likes

I feel cheated that some one posted this contest on all the freebie websites and therefore i didn’t win any :rage:

If anyone is unhappy with the change of prize il happily take it of your hands :slight_smile:

For those who feel hard done by can you give an example of any other company who gives away so many prizes?

8 Likes

Maybe in the next giveaway Anker shouldn’t give away free tech instead they should set the prizes as pacifiers and sour grapes :wink:

4 Likes

OMG ! What sheep. A contest held by a company, is just like them paying for advertising. They are not giving away things out of the goodness of their hearts ! A fool would only think that.

Why don’t you understand it’s not the “free prize”, it’s the way Anker handled the situation and then tried to cover it up.

Now you can go “Make America Great Again”!

2 Likes

This is so funny that Anker has no comment on the issue and everyone else is going bonkers
@AnkerOfficial wake up :wink:

1 Like