Suggestion: Earn XP and PB by buying Anker products on Amazon

Instant VIP level :joy:

I don’t know about experience points for purchases, those are earned here on the community by people including myself that have put in a ton of leg work for years. I can only speak for myself but I would imagine it would not sit well with others and definitely would be upsetting to me.

You should not be able to buy a higher experience level here on the community. Experience points/user level come with dedication and also gives an idea about whether or not the person giving suggestions is familiar with Anker products & possible solutions to problems with said products.

On the other hand Power bucks for Anker purchases would be fair. That being said I think if they were to offer power bucks for purchases it would be relatively low. Let’s say $1 per powerbuck similar to the powerdraw.

Lastly, the easiest way to assign powerbucks would be to assign them to the serial number and have some kind of tool here on the community to redeem serial numbers for powerbuck.

2 Likes

Also as mentioned above, doing it through Anker.com only would omit thousands as it’s very limited … UK for instance isn’t covered, and I doubt they start doing free postage via Anker.com, Amazon on the other hand, is a major authorised seller, and it reaches far more countries.

Bearing in mind, the wait you have now with any Rosa enquiries, and how long it takes for any replies on here.

Imagine needing X points by a certain date.to get Y free with your points, and the points from the last couple aren’t added in time! Anker will always say … Should make sure you have enough points in plenty of time … don’t rely on points, it’s only an extra and can be withdrawn at any time etc etc etc

Thanks! This is definitely a good idea. To be honest, we considered this before and we will submit the requirement to IT team. Hope in a near future, you will see it become a reality!:muscle:

4 Likes

Wow… That’s great to hear @AnkerOfficial :clap::clap:

I second that

every product doesn’t bear a serial number though… like cables?

Then comes to redemption options. I know we have PowerDraws going everyweek, Auctions probably every month or two (?) where we can use the bucks to participate.
On top of that if one accumulates enough bucks, should be able to redeem towards an Anker product. Something similar to what Anker did for mother’s day giveaway contest.

OMG that is such a good idea like when I bought my flare mini I got no rewards fan idea ANKER GET ON IT :+1::+1:

I wholeheartedly disagree. I’m not talking easily buying your way into VIP status. More like 1 XP per dollar spent. If you spend $1,000, then that gets you 1,000 XP which only gets you to Lv4. If you’re already at Lv10, then 1,000 XP only gets you 1/6 of the way to the next level.

I mean, look at it this way. When someone posts “yes” or “LOL” as a response, they get 2 XP. Do that 10 times, and they get 20 XP. When someone buys a $15 cable, they gain eXPerience with the product. They are then able to more intelligibly reply to people’s questions or to write a review. Clearly, owning a product should give them some XP. I think 1 XP and 1 PB per 1 $USD spent is a fair assessment.

The vast majority do, I’m guessing 75-85%. I do not recall the ones that do not at the moment (fresh out of bed) but I’m sure this would be easy to fix. Anker already has infrastructure in place to print serial numbers and it would not cost them any additional money to implement besides the man hours it would take to create a redemption tool.

First off good morning :grin:

Buying/using a product doesn’t make you an authority on that product. (Monkeys that were shot into space on rockets were not an authority on the inner workings of the rockets) Understanding the reasons it does the things that it does on the other hand does make you an authority which is most easily accomplished by reading about the product. Even if you come from a technical background how can you say anything for sure about a product unless you first have read about it or experienced it for yourself.

Experience points for purchases is just a illogical to me.

I just woke up, literally still in bed rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Please forgive me if that analogy did not make any sense.

You aren’t joking about having just woken up :joy:

1 Like

@TechMan
tenor

Key & Peele, if you haven’t seen this sketch I highly recommended it.

What’s the name of it?

The show was called key & Peele on comedy Central but if you Google “A A Ron” it’s the first thing that pops up.

Haha I Know what key and peele is lol, I meant the sketch. Thanks! I’ll look into it

Well, what’s the logic in getting XP for posting a Key & Peele video?

Whether you engage in banter with fellow forum users or you go out and buy an Anker product, you are doing something that gains you experience with something Anker. That’s the logic behind getting XP for posting a random video or for buying an Anker product.

Why should someone zoom past me on levels just because they can buy loads of shit‽

I’ll take the example often given in schools. The reason we have uniforms is so that regardless of budget all the kids look the same!

I don’t see why my almost 2 years of being active in the forum (whether you agree with what I post or not) is pooped on because you have more buying power than me … So wrong

Should people be allowed to buy their experience level by purchasing more than someone else?

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

Maintaining community morale and interest by adding some light-hearted spice, 100% tech talk can be dry & boring.

I comment about 20 times a day on average, experience points are not earned past the fifth post.

4 Likes

1 Like

Thanks, couldn’t quite remember it.

No worries