Stopping eufyCam alarm during power outage?

The siren of my eufyCam setup sounded during a longer power outage (3AM…). I could not connect the app, since the WiFi router was out as well.
Is there any way to silence the alarm in such situation? Is there a way to access cams and HomeBase directly? Is there a way to set the max duration of alarms?

By the way, why was the alarm sounded because of an outage? Did HomeBase go down after a while and then did cameras panic? I and my neighbors would be glad to be able to prevent this behavior.

Thanks.

1 Like

Did you try the alarm silence / sync button on the top of the home base?

2 Likes

1 Like

home base and WLAN was down, the camera alarm was sounding

1 Like

The suggestion above might work anyhow, as the homebase station communicates with the cameras even if outage is ongoing due to built-in batteries… especially for that case!
Try it and report

I would assume the alarm went off as it lost connection with the base, similar as if someone was to try and steal it. Hence why the alarm sounded because it doesn’t know the difference between a power outage disconnect and a their moving it out of range.

Home base is said to last 2 days without power

1 Like

General question about the alarm - mine has not yet gone off but I want to know what to do if it does:

Does the alarm sound at both the camera and the home base, or only at the home base?
If it is at the camera too, how do you silence it? I know the home base has the alarm off button.

Thanks.