St Paddy’s Day

Not sure if I’m the only one from Ireland here or not but wanna wish you all a Happy St Paddy’s Day, as today is the day where everyone celebrates their Irish roots (or just uses it for good piss up and bitta craic).

Hopefully everyone will be also cheering on the rugby team so we can beat England :tongue:

:shamrock::shamrock::shamrock::shamrock::shamrock::shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

And for some luck :four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

What does bitta craic mean

1 Like

Craic , is like party/fun, or up for the crack!

Ireland may need more than a 4 leaf clover today!

Sad news, my local Thornton’s store is closing! lol

Got a baby shower to attend today in Dublin, California. Most of my friends from San Diego flew up for my buddy’s event. Hall pass for the guys. Time to get TURNT UP! Happy St Patty’s!

I was in Oregon this week. No, Sheppard’s pie does not involve cheese and in Ireland Guinness is not the most popular drink. But what the heck.

Craic can now just mean “what is happening?”

The Scots use it that I hear up the north. Know folks e.g. Wick

Well I live in Boston where we have a large Irish community (although actual born-and-bred Irish would probably scoff at that and call them 90% American-10% Irish) so St Paddy’s Day is a big deal here too. Happy St Paddy’s Day!

CORRECT
it’s minced LAMB (as in shepherd) onions (permitted as some types grow wild, n some plants have an onion flavour) and crushed potatoes with some butter (as opposed to fill in mashed with lots of butter).

Cottage Pie
Minced beef (from the dairy farm) onions, peas and smaller bits of carrot (from the plot) and full on mashed potatoes, with cheese on top (optional).

The cottage pie, had the extra, as being in the cottage, they’d have access to fresh vegetables n homemade cheese.

Most people think it’s just a case of… Same beer different bottle, but it’s completely different food.

Now although the shepherd may have had his mobile shepherding hut, it didn’t come with a fridge! But would have had some cheese, but not lots, same with butter.

1 Like

1 Like